J.T> Meyers Dam on the Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Frog Legs, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Has anyone done any good at the J T Meyers Dam on the Ohio? Frog Legs

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not sure where that is, so I am not of much help. Good luck fishing and I look forward to hearing about your catch

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    I spent a few days down there last month. There is some pretty good fishing to be had down there, but the river was full of debris when we were down there. There are a few good spots upstream of the ramp (if you launch in Mt. Vernon) and I have seen alot of nice flats and blues come out of this stretch. If you need bait, cast net right off the ramp at Hovey. Tons of shad there. If you go below the dam, I would concentrate on fishing holes directly below the dam that break the current.

4. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks, We are going to give it a try Tuesday night, below the Dam! Frog Legs

5. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Try to post a report and let me know how it goes. I may be down there this weekend. Havent decided yet if Im going there or Cannelton.

6. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Went to the Dam Tuesday night and fished all night. The river has silted in the channel at the mouth of the Wabash. They are dredging it out now, the river is closed to barge traffic. We went up the other side of Wabash island and it was a little tricky slipping through the rocks. But we caught 4 Blues that would average 20# with the largest being 22.6# and 4 more between 4 and 9 lbs. A NICE guy with 2 boys gave us a skip jack and we caught a big one on the head! Our best luck was on bluegills with no tails! Frog Legs

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yep, that gap in the rocks is real tricky. Especially at night. Thanks for the report

8. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Has anyone else had any luck at JT Meyers Dam on the Ohio? We were thinking about going sometime next week.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    havent been there yet this year, maybe someone will chime in with a report