J.D.Straka Returning to Wal-Mart!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, Jul 26, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    First and Foremost I would Like to Take this oppertunity to Thank EACH and EVERYONE of You For your WONDERFUL support durning the last three days, It has been sorta Rough.You see I have never Resigned from a job before, and never let Upper management get my goat just to much Pride I guess.Never let them see you Sweat Right! Well I talked to the Distric manager(He called me) And we had quite a disscusion and he told me that He diden't want me to resign and ask if I woulden't Call Andy the store manager and speak with him and try and work it out. So I thanked him for his concern which by the way ment alot. So I returned Andys call and told him just how I felt about his Management style and I woulden't be treated like a school Boy By Him or anyone else. And He Apolagized and told me he diden't know that he had upset me and that it woulden't happen again and if he ever said something that I dispoved or disagree with to take him aside and tell him about it.He told me his management style was that he likes his fellow managers to challange him on his Ideas and argue the point with him, that he respected me and was Very aware of my ability and my acomplishments and that there was so many things he could learn from me. So I don't know for shure wheather He means that or just has his Butt in a Sling from upper management For turning the store upside down in two short weeks of his arrival, as I'm not the only that was upset with him. So I will be returning to work at 12 noon to work the closing shift. I only hope I have made the right choice I know this for a fact that I can't do any good to my associats from the outside looking in I have to be there to Make a differance. Boy two days and I shure miss those people there my Frinds and andy(The new store Manager) told me that they were really upset.Maybe looking back I should of taken him in the office and hashed this out. But at the time I was so upset I probably would of ended up in Jail or worse.But then again if it could have been addressed and solved without having to resign My folks that I work with wouldent of been upset over the sisuation and worring about if ther new boss that would be put in my old position was going to be a Jerk also. God only Knows that so many of them have enough Problems and trials in there lives without worring obout me and there job security. As I mentioned above they are my FRIENDS and I love all of them. You know we can have all the money we ever hope to spend in a lifetime and that would be Great but if we haven't any friends were NOBODY Ill take my Friends and I know all of you would also! Gotta Go now and get ready for work Boy do I have Butterflys in My stomach I know they all want to know happened and why I don't Know what to say but I do Know this the mome you stir a barrell of Dung the more it stinks. So I think Ill say everythind been worked out and leave it at that, and hope Andys word is Good we all make mistakes I know I have(BUT SHES GONE NOW THANK GOD)and Ill give him the benifit of the doubt on this one.God Bless all of you(MY FRINDS) From a Man that Knows how Lucky he is to have met all of you Wonderful People! If it Ain't broke Don't fix It.J.D.Straka :big_smile:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm glad you got everything taken care of.Best of Luck to you!!!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother this is great news. I am glad you have talked to all parties involved and you cant wait to get back and see your friends/co-workers. Keep us posted brother, the BOC is a big family and not afraid to fling some stinkbait at that ol Andy fella.

4. slickback

slickback New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am glad everything has worked out for you jd!

5. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    I am glad you a able to go back to your job and friends. Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. We are rooting for you.:smile2:

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know more than a little about management and for anybody to walk in and start making changes without spending some time finding out what is going on with each person, well let's just say that person is not a manager. A good manager get the best out of every employee and know how to make a employee feel good as he get what he need. The management bigest job is guidance as most folks want to do their best but may not know how.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Best news i've heard all day! Really good to hear! I'm glad you have so many friends at work who care about you, I know that management of any kind can not be easy (I manage a measly 20 people at a local pool and it drives me nuts). But to do what you do and do it that well! Man, I bet everybody at that store is thrilled to have you back. Keep that head up and thank God for everything (hopefully) working out in the end.

p.s. did you demand that big raise?:big_smile: :big_smile:

8. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Best news i've heard all day! Really good to hear! I'm glad you have so many friends at work who care about you, I know that management of any kind can not be easy (I manage a measly 20 people at a local pool and it drives me nuts). But to do what you do and do it that well! Man, I bet everybody at that store is thrilled to have you back. Keep that head up and thank God for everything (hopefully) working out in the end.

p.s. did you demand that big raise?:big_smile: :big_smile:

9. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    John, you are a remarkable individual!!
    I love that you think of others like you do. We all need good examples of that in our lives.

Sounds like you got things hashed out.. that's GREAT!

I hope and pray that your return is the right choice. Let us know how it goes.
    _

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good news John! I'm glad to hear everything has worked out.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Like I told you.I knew you would and will do the right thing.I also know that God will.I don;t know how it will all work out in the end,but I do know that you and God can handle what ever comes up.peewee-williams

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    John, I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out well for you. You're one heck of a great guy, and deserve to have good things happen to you :lol:

13. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Good luck!!! Hope everything works out!!!

14. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That's great I really hope it all works out for you. I know you wee missed by your coworkers. watch your back though. Good luck tooo you and yours.

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Great News!!!! Glad to hear that you are going to go back, and help keep your friends life a little more stable!!!

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

agreed, we have got your back and are armed with stinkbait rotten liver and old shad with gut pockets.

17. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im glad to hear that you got your job back, congrats brother.

18. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm real glad to hear that you'll be going back. It's obvious that you take a lot of pride in your work. Hopefully that new manager will try treating people with a bit more respect - at least for a while.

19. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Glad to hear it John. I hope everything works out for you at your job. Seriously, I'd watch that Andy fella. Just because he knows now that he can't push you around...... I guess it doesn't mean he won't still try to treat others at your store like poop.

From what you described, it sounds like he's got a self confidence problem. People like that make crappy managers.

Glad you stuck to your guns & glad you got your job back. Good luck!!

Jerrod

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oof... Hmm... We are the best armed for making a target smell bad aren't we? With luck we could make his wife chase him out of the house:lol: .

Don't piss off the BOC!