J.D.Straka is Back on line Brothers and Sisters

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, Aug 25, 2007.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well Folks has it been a TOUGH 3 weeks!!!! To start off with My Mother who was 89 years Young got really sick and was in the hospital with double pneumonia and a bad UTI infection.well she fought it the best she could but to no avail and We lost her 2 weeks ago. and then we had family in from California,New York,the Dakotas,Missouri,Nebraska.and in the meantime I picked up a Worm in my computer and it took over and totally shut the Darn thing down.so I called Field support and talked to someone from India and Man it was like talking to someone from Outerspace,anyway he said he couldn't help me and said I needed to get in touch with HP who's computer I had, which I did and that rep. said I needed More memory and sold me 512 more megga bites what ever the heck that was 79.00 hello Sucker.That wasn't the problem I found out.Well what to do now? So I had a Friend that knew a little bit about computers come over and try and see what the problem was and after 2 nights no better.well I know I'll talk to the Geek Squad at Best Buy so I visit with this Guy who's name was Agent Dillion So I asked Him if He was any relation to Matt and If He Knew Miss. Kitty.No sense of Humor at All.Man Was that Kid UGLY 100% GEEK if you ask Me.Real tall and slender with a pencil neck and a Rat like looking face with a long nose.So he tells Me Yep I can fix it between 50.00 and a 100.00 bucks. so I says OK I'll bring that Bad Boy in which I did and when I get there he tell's Me that will be 63.00 to find out what's wrong I says alright and pay the money He says call Me tomorrow, which I did and he says yup You have a problem. Well OK Sherlock I diden't need to spend 63.00 to find that OUT, I Already Knew that!!! He says I can fix it for 239.00 dollars more.Well now I was born at night But Not Last Night.I Ask what happened to the 50.00 to 100.00 price he quoted me to start with? He said that's the Price so I says ok just give me My computer back and I'll go out in front of the Store and Pitch it through your Big Plate Glass Window.Well like I said the Kid had No sense of Humor at All and called the Manager over who Kindly ask Me to Exit the Facility which I Did.I guess I must be getting Old cause 20 years ago I would have had a copple Free nights lodging down at the county jail.Well now this is a Hell of a Mess. I told the Wife I'll just go Buy a new computer. Here now lays the problem that darn computer has 663 pictures of our grand children on it and I had better find Me a way of getting them off that computer cause it was most likley my Fault that the Computer cought that worm Because I spend to much time on Ebay buying fishing gear that I will Never use.Well now the Geek Squad is out of the Question.so at moms funeral I had the chance of meeting My nieces New Boy Friend who just happens to run the computer department at the university of Nebraska at Omaha.So I give Beth a call and explain My Delima and ask her if Nick could take a look at our computer She says No problem and brings him over and he gets into it and says yes You have picked up a worm and it came in through your IPS address and if I had had a Router on the darn thing the firewall would of stopped it. any way he said I will take it home and get you up and running. Man what a Smart Fella He brought it back this evening with the New memory installed and all cleaned up and hooked up the new router and saved all the pictures.The Wifes all happy now and life is back to Normal at the Straka household. I would like to thank all the Brothers Splitshot,JW,Cane pole and all the rest of My Friends Here at the BOC who were concerned and worried. Words can't start to explain what the BOC and all My Wonderful Friends here mean to Me!!!!! I Am Truly A LUCKY MAN. God BLESS All Of You.Your Friend and Brother.
    J.D.Straka
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    good to see you back JD you have been missed

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome back John ....sorry to hear about your mom hope all is going well for you and your faimly.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sorry for your loss. Hope all is well and its dam good to have ya back.

5. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    It's good to see your smiling face back on here again! Sorry for the loss of your mother and the hassle of trying to get your computer fixed, glad to hear the computer is running good as new now. Welcome back brother.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Noticed you weren't about John. Life takes over sometimes.
    Glad ya didn't meet the guy who'd shoot Matt in the back an rape Miss Kittie.
    They are out there.
    Sorry for your loss, and happy for your retreival.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    J.D. - It's great to see you back! :big_smile: We were all worried about you! :sad2: I'm sorry to hear about your mom and too bad about all the computer problems! :crazy: Hopefully your in for a little streak of good luck now! :cool2:

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good to see you back JD, you had a whole lot of folks a little worried. Im sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad you're back JD, I was beginning to get just a bit concerned.

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice to hear from ya JD. Sorry about your Ma, that can be tough. You getting all this rain we are on your side of the state?

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Was wondering what had happened to you. Hadn't heard from you since the Mo. Garthering. Figured you was just out catching all those big fish.
    Really sorry to hear about your Mother.Boy those computors sure can be a headache and rather costly sometimes can't they.Happy to hear your up and running again.Missed that smiling face and that great sense of humor.
    WELCOME BACK!!

12. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    It's about time you OLD Fart. We missed Ya.

Gene

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    JD - sorry about your loss, brother. It is good to hear from you again.

14. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dadgummit, there's nothing like having to deal with a pencil neck geek. Curse the geeks!!!! :smile2: That's funny, I've always wondered about the geek squad, I guess now I know.

Sorry to hear of your loss there JD. Glad to see you back up and running though. Welcome back!!

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Welcome Back JD and Im sorry for your loss :sad2:

16. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Sorry for your loss JD, I'm glad to see you back at the BOC house.

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    As someone up the thread said, you're due for some good luck. Hopefully the bad luck has run its' course. Sorry for your loss.
    ________
    __
    Treat people like angels; you will meet some and help make some.

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Glad to have you back on-line JD. Sorry to here about the loss of your mom.

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome back John

20. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hey JD! Sure am happy to see and hear you are ok my friend. Sorry to hear about your mom but also have to say when it is time to lose mine that I hope she goes quickly for her sake.

Now, keep those worms for fishing and off the computer young man! :wink:

Glad you are back.

Hugs,
    Barb