J.B. bridge question

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Dredge, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    :0a35:Can anyone tell me how long it'd take to run the Mississippi from the mouth of the Meramec to the J.B. bridge?I have a 40H.P. Mercury jet on a modified vee jon boat.Also,are any decent spots around those wing dikes or quarry?I've never actually made this trip,but always wanted to.

2. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Michael,
    I can run to it in 15-20 min when the river is calm at about 38 mph. We were out there Wed. and had a strong south wind and it took twice that long at least.
    Jon

3. JMANWI

JMANWI New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Michael,

I fished that area a few times last year and there are plenty of possible good spots around there. I didn't have the best luck in that I only caught one fish. It did go around 40lbs though. I don't go out when the water is high like it is now so your probably o.k. but if you head north under the bridge stay clear of the Illinois side. It gets very shallow very quickly pretty far off the bank. I dinged my prop up in that area last year.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Michael there are some good holes up that way but like Josh said when at normal pool stay on the Missouri side when going under the bridge. It is not that bad of a run up there if the barge traffic or wind isn't too bad. Right now with the high water be careful to stay in the channel before you get to that island south of the bridge. There are two rock jetties that stick out at the entrance and they are under water right now. You could probably get over them with ease at the moment with a jet prop but I would stay to the left of the red buoy that sits in front of the upstream side. There are a couple of deep holes up there and can be good in the summer time. Also check around those stationary barges just down from the bridge, there will be drop offs behind them and in front of them. You can usually find fish sitting somewhere around the ones with drift wood hung up on them.

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    hey mike i growup in COLUMBIA,IL AND FISH THAT AREA ALOT but it's better by the arch