Izak Lake in Orange County

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by charliedog, Apr 18, 2006.

1. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    I will be heading there this Saturday from Indiana to spend a week with the In-laws to do some Crappie and Catfishing on lake Izak. Was hoping some of the locals could give me some pointers and possible good spots.

2. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Im not familiar with izak lake, but if you are in orange county hit "Lake Orange"........It's open 24 hrs a day you can rent a boat and trolling motor if you must, people are out there all day. its a hot spot, for crappie, catfish, and it has some great bass fishing too........ i go out there drifting for cats during the suummer....word on the VDIGF websight is they still have a few blue cats in the lake but i doubt it...be cool if someone caught one... good luck and write me to let me know what you did

3. Jarosh

Jarosh New Member

State:
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Do you know of any spots on Lake orange that are better than the other? I've been meaning to get out there and try that lake out.

4. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    How do i get there from Hillsbourgh? What size cats are normally caught? I live in Person Co. also does it cost to put a boat in there, and is there a motor size restriction?
    Thanks,
    Mike