I've seen it all a rocket fishing rod?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by borntocatfish, May 30, 2006.

1. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    just seen a "rocket fishing rod" on tv it shoots out the bobber with the hook inside it until it hits the water then the hook with BAIt comes out. whats next a rocket fishing net?

:crazy:

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    let me geuss infomercial and its yours for only 1 easy payment of $19.99 plus 6.95 s&h

3. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
  4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    IF it would do the job, that would be cheap. I mean, look at what a baitboat or a dam boat costs. Let's see now, here would be my requirements:
    1. Handle any size sinker from 1/8 ounce to 10 ounces.
    2. Handle a decent sized bait.
    3. Not throw the bait off the hook.
    4. Not make a sound like a gunshot or explosion that could get me in trouble using it around dams and nuclear plants.
    5. Have a range of at least 125-150 yards.

Now, if the manufacturer says his product has all these features and wants to give me a moneyback guarantee covering purchase price and shipping costs, I'll buy one in a heartbeat. If his product performs as claimed, I'd probably order a couple more; otherwise, I'd return it.

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    When I was a kid my mother ordered (with S&H Green Stamps) a rod and reel that had a launching mechanism on it. It had a cup on the end to hold your bobber and bait and it was powered by a coil spring. There were 3 or 4 different notches to set it for different distances and you push the button on the spincast reel, aim it and pull the trigger. It worked pretty good. Finally Mom learned to use a regular rod and reel and I don't even know what happened to that old gimmicky rod.

ST

6. hunter_x

hunter_x New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a Ron Popeal gig if I ever heard one, you know the guy that came up with the "pocket fisherman"! I hear the ole fart's still around.

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    its how the world spins. their has to be ppl dumb enough to even consider buying a rocket propelled fishin rod! god you gotta be smart deficient!:crazy:

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hey, I allways wanted a pet rock. remember a rock won't get jealous if you get a new rock:embarassed: , won't fuss when you watch your favorite program:confused2: , will give itself for your defense if you get attacked:eek:oooh: !! etc. now if they would just be warm, fuzzy and fun to hold! :lol:

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I hope not, can ya'll imagine how dangerous this could be in Mellons hands? LOL

10. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I googled rocket powered fishing and here's what I found ->

The Whizzer (Casts up to 6300 feet?!)

The Rocket (I'm pretty sure this is the one borntocatfish was talking about seeing on TV for 29.99) Looks more like a toy for kids then anything. I guess it could be a good way to get a kid started fishing on small stuff. Loks like you just pump it up a few times and it uses the air pressure to shoot the bobbler and stuff out 20-30 feet.

Neato stuff.