I've had enough.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by drpepper, Aug 12, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just a rant.

I can't leave a car in my driveway without it being stolen, I can't keep a 4wheeler with out it being stolen, now I can't even go to the river and leave my truck at the ramp without someone busting the window and trying to steal it. Morgan County used to be full of good people
    For over twenty years, I've never had to lock my house... I could even leave the keys in my car without any worries.... I've been at the Waverly ramp a thousand times and now this happens. Law enforcement sucks around here. The population has tripled but the number of cops have stayed the same. Taxes here are one of the highest in the state, yet we have no law enforcement. I swear to God right now, if I ever catch a thief it will be a death sentence for him, I'm sick and tired. I won't be stepping past my front door without my 9mm ever again.
    I won't be fishing in Mooresville anytime soon either.... not until I find a crappy p.o.s beater truck anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I understand that you may have had a town full of good folks but brother dontcha think leavin the keys in the car is goin a little too far anyway?:eek:oooh:

3. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Hes not saying he left the keys in the car he is saying the town USED to be good enough people he COULD if he wanted to.

And i agree with ya i hate thieves. Practice your pistol whip brother!

Fud

4. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I feel your pain brother...It's the same thing here a lot of places..

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sorry to hear about your truck brother! It has become the norm however in a lot of areas. I am very limited to where I will park my boat before daylight

6. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck. Its a shame to have to worry about someone breaking into your truck while fishing. Its happening in too many places where you used to not have to worry about anything. We used to not even lock the doors at night and left the keys in the trucks. Now with all the meth heads running around here it seems you can't even trust stuff to still be in the yard come morning...

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, sorry to hear about that. That really sucks Bill. It's pretty shameful that we can't enjoy our countries greatest pasttime without worrying about getting robbed/vandalized, etc.

BTW, if you're looking for that beater p.o.s. truck, I've got a '97 Nissan pick-up w/ 120,000 miles, no air, no bumper, no radio, no passenger side mirror...NOBODY'S stealin' my beater!!!

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The biggest prob. is not even not enough law enforcement. The biggest problem is when they catch them all they do is slap them on the wrist. There are no consiquinces for any thing any more. Unless you kill an animal.

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear that Pepper. Police won't even take reports arround here for property damage unless it exceeds some magical amount. When seconds count, they are only minutes away.

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    bill sorry to hear bout your bad luck i know counties are growing triple to the police size not grown really sucks right know :angry::angry: more then likey some thugs seeing what they could steal or even just take your vehicle with trailer the bad part i use to fish there on the bank not anymore cause what i have been asked to do for a pond that is right there think hoosier need to stick together

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i sort of know how you feel i've fished guyandotte for years and the first nite trip my truck windshield got busted no more nite trips their and its my very favorite place to fish:big_smile:

12. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Bill I'm very sorry to hear this!! :angry: It's really sad people have absolutly no respect for others anymore it seems . It's so frustrating to work so hard to get by and if your lucky save a bit of money for a few extras and some dip sh*t comes along and the hardest thing he's gotta do is throw a rock through your window and run away with your stuff :angry:

13. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    man i hate to hear that. its the same thing here to. i live in the louisville KY metro area and thats been a problem here for as long as i can remember. meth heads,crackheads,and broke down lazy punks that dont wanna work for a livin'! and just like you-if i ever catch one, i wont be callin' on the worthless law first!:angry:

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I feel your pain bro....I to have been a victim of the drug addicted junkies. They tore up my truck and two of my buddies trucks while we were on the river fishing.

Hell their so bold over here that they even broke into a fully marked Missouri Water Patrol vehicle and stole everything out of it! They did it in broad daylight while the water patrol officers were on the water and their truck parked in the boat ramp parking lot!!

F-ing thieves man, no good S-O-B's that need to have their hands plopped off to fix the "sticky-fingers" problem! :angry::angry:

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Same here, they took a crowbar to my door and still busted the window out. Seems crime is on the rise everywhere with the bad economy. I can't even bring myself to fish downtown unless I drive my boat 24 miles one way and 24 miles back. It sucks, I definately think the theives need to be taught a lesson and an example needs to be made.

16. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    The sad part is i think things will get worst before getting any better ,the way the economy is .Bill sorry to heard about your loss to the thieves

17. rustyrod

rustyrod New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    sure hate about your bad luck but it is every where but it is not only crack heads doing s*it here it is law officers doing it also we just had two deptys caught for stealing and child pphoto and one complete police force is under inveastaging . the ecomany has got a lot of peiple doing it . i agree they need to make sentening worse on them . not aircond cells with color tv and 3 superr fine meals a day .the law sucks in all states.hope it gets better.

18. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    For the next few weeks anyway we live in a town of 400+ we dont lock our doors I leave the keys in the car (although it drives my wife nuts) but we are moving back to a city so I will have to get back into the habit of not trusting people. Sorry to hear about your luck and the really sad part is if you did catch them and beat the s#%t out of them then they would be able to sue you.

19. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Had a buddy when I lived in Texas that kept getting his car stereo stolen. So we tied six trebble hooks on 60 lb line under the dash of his car. About a month latter he came out and found his car torn to hell and blood everywhere. BUT it was the last time it happened! It was a good thing that the guy figured out how to get away because I don't think my buddy planned on CPR.

20. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    WHY would you think that. Is it to much to ask that people leave the things that don't belong to them alone? You SHOULD be able to leave your rods in the back of your truck, Keys in it and your bilfold on the friggin dash if you want.
    Its SIMPLE. If it don't belong to you keep your hands OFF it or pay the consequences! And believe me I DON"T mean a slap on the wrist and probation!