Ive got the perfect chum

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kickin_wing, May 24, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I work at a grain elevator and ther is always stinky rotten corn or beans or feed to be cleaned up. right now we have a basement full of gooy rotten black soybeans and i think if i put it in a bucket with a lid and drill holes in the lid and sink it, it would be exelent chum.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I've read back a few years ago in "infisherman mag" that it is widely used by some folks to prepare a hole for the fishing season....

good luch with your version.... bayrunner ray

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sounds like good idea to me, be sure to post your results.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    It might be good, but Dodge 4X4 and me came up with the perfect chum and drift sock combination a while back.

Can't let on about it yet, but in theory, it's gotta be a winner:lol:

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Put me down for 2 gallons. Do you take check or money order?:wink:

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Bobpaul.... sounds like some road kill in a gunney sack???

bayrunner ray

7. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have to find some buckets with lids then i will try it out but i will let you know how it works. Its some stinky nasty stuff. :bad_smelly: (I take checks) lol

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it's not fully fermented then add some brewers yeast or beer and let it set out for a while.If it's past that stage, just use it . It will definitely work. Work like a magnet. Will draw the fish from all over.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont know about chumming but if you have a car wash around you can pick up 5 gallon buckets with lids for little or nothing.

10. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    You can go to your local neighborhood applebee's or TGIFriday's or whatever resteraunt is close, they get pickles in 5 gal buckets, just ask if they can save them for you to pick up later. I worked at Applebee's for a yr and took home a truck load of'em. 3 a week, plus bleach jugs by th dozen. for my chum I use maze, corn, and laying mesh, grits, oatmeal an beer. grits an oatmeal I get from th resteraunt I work for now. ferment that mixture for 4 weeks, BOOM!!, u cant keep th kitties away. I 5 gal bucket lats up to 8 weeks, but I drop fresh every 6. all year long.

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I'll put my "Chum" against yours any day.Mines 5'3",Brunnette and built like a Victorias Secrets model.Best of all she comes with her own containers also obtained from Victorias Secrets!!!!:big_smile::lol:No need to get pickle containers from Applebees.:eek:oooh::smile2:Trust me I really dont care if the fish are biting at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS ;She also makes a mean Moquito and believes in plying men with liquor so she can take advantage of them.

12. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    find a restuarant that uses a lot of pickles, like a burger place. they will have a lot of buckets with lids. i get mine from a bar b q joint. also a hospital or somewhere that washes a lot will have soap buckets with lids.

13. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Any one who does a lot of contracting should have a bunch of 5 gal buckets. You can get paint, dry wall paint, and other things in those big buckets; its cheaper that way too.

14. jlangford

jlangford New Member

State:
    texas
    One word of advise. If you transport it to your fishing spot put a lid on it that will NOT come off if tipped over. I had mine in the back of the truck when i had to hit the brakes real hard. Now i have a truck that even the homeless people complain about. My neighbor really complains a lot about the smell but i don't like him anyway.