I've Got B.O.C. Addiction

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I enjoy writing silly l'il lyrics for well-known tunes sometimes. Last night, while the BOC was down, I did a bit of internet surfing (is that what ya call it? :big_smile:). Got bored with that, so I started surveying my surroundings.....this is what I came up with. I'm easily amused, but I hope y'all get a kick out of it too. The cat liked it :smile2:. This one is sung to the tune of "I've Got Peace Like a River". OH, and you have to sing each letter....B.O.C.; can't use BOCK in this case.

gargoil77, I am providing a couple of links; just in case ya don't know the melody for this one either :wink:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8FXVUvLGI&feature=related
    (This arrangement includes a bridge, you can't sing to that part.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpiXBHZKh5A
    (I can remember doing all these motions myself, now I realize what idiots we must've looked like!)

I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction in my head!
    I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction in my head!

I've got crumbs - in my keyboard, I've got crumbs - in my keyboard, I've got crumbs - in my keyboard from some toast!
    I've got crumbs - in my keyboard, I've got crumbs - in my keyboard, I've got crumbs - in my keyboard from some toast!

I've got spots of some-thin' sticky, I've got spots of some-thin' sticky, I've got spots of some-thin' sticky on my mouse!
    I've got spots of some-thin' sticky, I've got spots of some-thin' sticky, I've got spots of some-thin' sticky on my mouse!

I've got rings - on my desktop, I've got rings - on my desktop, I've got rings - on my desktop from my glass!
    I've got rings - on my desktop, I've got rings - on my desktop, I've got rings - on my desktop from my glass!

I've got papers strewn all over, I've got papers strewn all over, I've got papers strewn all over EVERYWHERE!
    I've got papers strewn all over, I've got papers strewn all over, I've got papers strewn all over EVERYWHERE!

I've got eyes itchin' and burnin', I've got eyes itchin' and burnin', I've got eyes itchin' and burnin' - boy, they're RED!
    I've got eyes itchin' and burnin', I've got eyes itchin' and burnin', I've got eyes itchin' and burnin' - boy, they're RED!

I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, and I des-pe-rate-ly need to go to bed!!!
    I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, I've got B.O.C. a-ddiction, and you know if I'm not here I will be dead!!!

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    None of these apply to me, I promise,:wink::wink::wink:!!!!!

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    It's amazing what happens to us when we don't have the BOC to keep us entertained. What would we all do if the BOC wasn't here. :tounge_out::crazy:
    I just wouldn't be in my right mind (i'm not in my right mind anyway), But it looks like we all panic when the BOC has a glich and can't log on.
    It always feel like a piece of us is missing when that happens, I know, I know, it's called ADDICTION !!!! But it beter than being addicted to drugs.
    BOC is my kind of drug. :big_smile:
    All I did was surf the net and kept checking every 5 minutes to see if the BOC was back up and running but I couldn't even sleep right all night nowing I couldn't get that last post for the night before going to bed.
    :big_smile:

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    You need to record it for us :wink:

Might be a contender for the current BOC song :wink:

5. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Kinda makes ya wanna curl up in the fetal position and repeat over and over....I feel so alone..I feel so alone..I feel so alone.

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    all i can say is,,,it was a long night,,,,a very long long night.LOL

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Paul, are you responsible for all this? This wonderful woman. A true Southern Belle.

She could be quilting, sewing buttons on a shirt, straightening the living room. She could be baking, doing her income tax, combing out the cat, cleaning flies off the ceiling. She could actually be in bed and getting a good nights sleep. But NOOOOO!!! She's composing lyrics for the BOC theme song.

Paul this wonderful gal could have a life. I like her song. I can very easily relate to it. I am her agent Paul. Negotiations begin at 0300. Smoking lamp will be lit.

Tanya, that is a good song. I appreciate it. And he will pay for it.

(1713)

8. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I lost the BOC last night,would not come up,i went crazy,,my wife told me to settle down,,and said that it will be back on that they where probably workin on the site, so i got so upset i just cut the the the thing off..I think i got it bad...I might need some help on this one..a shrink or a new internet provider or summin,,cant believe i got this upset...I think im an addict.....Dont let this out to anybody,wouldnt want anyone to know about this...

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I been married so long, I turned off the PC.
    I thought it was my fault.....
    :smile2:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I guess I'll fess up and admit...Just ask almost anyone that has been a member for long at all.....:crazy::wink::smile2:...I'm Addicted Badly!!!:roll_eyes::crazy::tounge_out::smile2:

Great song Tanya, make us a recording!!!:wink::big_smile:

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I sure hope BOC never calls it quits. If it does we all will have to go to BOC Anonymous to get help for our addiction.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey hey hey hey hey now, hold your horses......or your HORSE, Mr.Soon-to-be Knight. I think we need to talk about this. I sure hope you do pro bono work :wink:.

Glad you like the lyrics. :0a31:

(2939)

13. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Tanya, That song fit me to a T!!! I liked it. Thanks for sharing!

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's just the time for the start of the negotiations. You know how many zeros got to go after the number. This is pro bono. He will be tough, server costs and all. But I think he had a tear in his eye after listening to your song. I think we got him boxed.

(1715)

15. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    When Paul asked how the BOC was failing this is what I posted. It's nice to know I'm not the only one! That is great song.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois

17. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Talk about a serious addiction!!!!

Matt tells me yesterday that I have a dream to interpret in ramblings and says I can have the computer in a few minutes. 3 hours later,(more or less), he started complainin about the site disappearing! 3 hours!!!:eek:oooh: Few minutes my batoottie!

Now I had to work at 5 this mornin and am just now gettin around to reading that dream.

This one will take awhile!:wink: What was you smokin before bed???

Sorry, this aint the ramblin thread.

Anyhow HE is so addicted to this site I am sure I saw him havin the shakes and tryin to get on here every hour till the am! :crazy:
    Myself, I tried at 400am and it was still down, actually got to work on time for once!:smile2:

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya... im addicted too.. sure glad they dont have a rehab center for fishing!:smile2:lol

19. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Catgirl? I was unaware that you were such the lyracist. Impressive. Shall I tune up the D-28?
    Bigwhiskers

20. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I knew the song but had to look it up. Great song! Thanks Catgirl.