I've got 2 questions about Lake Badin......

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tubby Catfishin, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    First off where the heck are the shad? I circled Garr Creek at least 3 times and checked two or three other shallow coves and just couldnt find the bait.

2nd who went and caught all the fish outta badin? I couldnt even catch a cold yesterday evening...... got on the lake bout 5:30 pm and fished till 1:00 and got SKUNKED. Matt didnt do as bad.... he caught 2 channels. Somebody help me out here am I doin somethin wrong or was it just an off day.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I got plenty of shad in Garr Creek Sat. morning before daylight in the middle out from the boat docks. I couldn't find the blues either, but got 5 stripers in Buffalo Creek and some big 'ol channels up river. The fishing is a little bit off I think for some reason. It was good last week, but come Sat., it was slow for me. I also found some yellow perch near Old Whitney. don't see them much anymore.

3. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Chris that may have been my main problem Sat. I didnt even get to the lake till 5:30 that evening. I did manage to catch 3 shad and a large mouth bass in my net though. I threw him back.

4. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Your either a hero or a zero on Badin. It can be tough on you. I fished Fri. night and the bite was real sloooow. They cut the wheels back at around 11 so I didn't even get to lob shad for stripers :angry:.

5. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I rode around garr creek with side image. The bait has for sure changed. 2 weeks ago they were there heavy now they are very scattered in garr creek I only seen a couple of "bait balls" this weekend, I did see that there was more bait up river however I didnt do to good fishing up river. heres a couple of pics of what bait looked like a few weeks ago. they are gone now

Attached Files: