I've decided..

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by BowieKnife357, Jun 12, 2009.

1. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    ..to never again let a friend of a friend borrow my yak. Was on the water with another guy who was in a jon boat the other day, and he had a buddy of his meet us out there. Well he saw the yak and wanted to try it out so I agreed. I don't know what this guys deal was, but he flipped it about 4 times (that we saw, could have been more). I have a couple ropes tied around the cockpit lip in various places that serve several purposes, from tieing up and tieing off anything from a bait net or a stringer to a small anchor, or if I just want to tie up to a tree or something. Also had a little clamp on rod holder that worked alright (keep in mind that it isn't supposed to be a fishing yak, but I do what I can with what I have to work with). Not to mention the little cooler I have in the bottom that I use for tackle storage. By the time I got my yak back the rod holder was gone, all the ropes were off of it and thrown in the bottom, and the contents of my tackle bin/box were scattered everywhere. Thank God he didn't lose either of the paddles. Oh, and one of my two bailing sponges were gone too. I didn't even get a sorry from him as he walked up the bank and said something to the other guy, then he jumped in his truck and left while I was getting everything straightened back out. I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is self explanatory. :angry:

PS. Just letting out some steam. Hope yall understand. Yall have fun.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My kayak, like my guitar and saxophone, are very personal items to me. I'm sorry, but I ain't sharing! :tounge_out:

It's tough enough to get a book back in decent shape after you have loaned it out to someone...:wink:

3. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, kayak has just fallen under the same category as my guitar (it might not be the best, but it's the best I got, so hands off). Well said on the book thing, I know exactly what you mean.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That sucks. I know some people like that.:sad2:
    Thank God I dont have to fish with them.:smile2: