I've Been Shamed

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Katmandeux, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Like most of you, I fish Gama Octopus circles, and have for years.

Last night, while thumbing through my new In Fisherman, I saw an Eagle Claw ad that said, "...made in America by Americans."

That's good enough for me. This season, I'll be be trying Lazer Sharp hooks by Eagle Claw.

I'll do whatever I can to keep Americans working. It's my kind of patriotism.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont think you will be disapointed i switched to the eagle claw octopus circles this summer and i havent seen any change in my hook ups.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    been using eagle claw hooks all my life like you katman i'll buy american before i'll buy imports if at all possible

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good enough reason to switch ,Without a doubt. Have to pick me some up.

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    WTG, thanks for lettin us know!

6. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Thanks for the info Dave I'll be buying them too!

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    on where you found them . If we had more like you who would rather buy American than foreign.Just hard to find American made products anymore.
    Even the American made cars aren't American anymore:sad2:

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    John, you can buy Eagle Claw hooks just about anywhere fishing tackle is sold. Not hard to find, at all.

9. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Kat, I was thinking the same thing. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the 197 circle hooks, and for sure, they are more economical than the imports. And I think you can get them in a pack bigger than 5 or 6 hooks too!

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yep you can get 50 7/0 ec oct circles for 11 something 3$ more than 25 gammas :wink: and they work just as good.

11. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    My opinion I really don't care for eagle claw. I use team catfish double action 5/0

12. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good point Dave. By coincidence (actually Eagle Claw had the better deal) I've purchased this year (2) 50 packs of their L197 Lazer Sharp hooks for trot & limblines and (3) 10 packs of their Pro Baiter Lazer Sharp hooks; (but shame on me, I also bought (2) 25 packs of Gama Octopus circles too because they had what I wanted)

I'm gonna be more conscientious from here on out.

13. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    following Dave's lead i went to pick up a few packs of eagle claw products and this was what i discovered. eagle claw floats are made in china, eagle claw duo lock snaps are made in china, and eagle claw hooks made be made in america but they are tied in the phillipines and mexico. now i knew mustad hooks were made in norway but tied in the phillipines but eagle claw too? so lets see shakespere claims to be american made but my ugly stick had a made in china tag on it and now eagle claw is doing the same thing. i didn't think it could get any worse until i saw an american flag with made in china on the package. its official they have all sold us (and U.S.)out.

14. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Mark,

Maybe they only meant the plastic shrink wrap or the American decal was made in America :wink: