Ive been seriously offended.. by my own mother!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i wanted to fill my last turkey tag this weekend up at my grandparents house but my mom wouldnt let me go. we both got mad and it ended up in a huge argument i did not curse or call her any names but she went over the line... she told me this "You dont need to go down there so much! You've killed two turkeys down there already you dont need to shoot anything else you MURDERER"... my own mother called me a murder because i hunt. she is against it so much that im surprised she lets me own a gun at all. whenever i talk about it she has to close her ears and stuff and when she called me a 'murderer' i blew up. i called her a few choice words out of anger and i feel bad but she has NO RIGHT to call me a murderer for providing for my family. we eat everything i kill, she loves deer steak but says shed rather not have it. my family is going through a rough spot right now and weve had turkey since i shot it. im currently not talking to her at all because she shouldnt have to socialize with me because i am, after all, a murderer.. i need some calming down people if its one thing i cannot tolerate is someone cutting me down for doing what i love, hunting. i wont tolerate it from friends, strangers, even my own family. shell see what she gets for doing so. i wont do anything drastic but she will regret it. if it was anyone else they would have a big ole black eye right about now but i didnt cuz she is my mother. im just so sick of her right now, everytime i wanna go hunt she blows up on me and we have this huge argument but shes never called me that name, i dont think she ever will again either.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    dont know what to say wil sounds bad maybe you should tell her that if it werent for hunting and fishing youd be a slob sitting in front of the tube playin games and hangin with other bumms of the sort smokin pot and doing drugs and the things non sportsmen do

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Wil, I consider you a friend and would like to enterject some wisdom I have learned the hard way.
    First and foremost She is your mother! After all you only get one of those in this short life. You better make the best of what you have while you have it. What would you do if (heaven forebid) she passed away with this arguement looming between you? You need to bite the bullet and set this straight. Don't let this fester to a point that it will be too difficult to mend.
    I am not real sure how old you are but, people will be calling you names all of your life, get used to it. Get yourself some broad shoulders or learn to fight real good, LOL!!!

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i know how you felt but you have got to rember thats your mother.you dont sass her or disrespect her.shes your mother every thing you are and every thing you will become you owe to her.i have been where you are be leive me if somthing happens before you say mom forgive me im sorry you will hate your self foreverevery day of my life i cuss my self like a dog.i will pray that you and your mom come to terms with this problem.be fore one of you lives to regrete it.your OLDER BROTHER johnnie

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i know shes my mom and im gonna say im sorry but she has no right to call me that name, not when ive fed this family many many times before. im 16 and im already playin a huge role here. and for her to cut me down when ive fed her almost ALL hunting season.. no that aint gonna fly. i beleive in the 10 commandments and when it says repsect thy mother and thy father i try to do that but she has to give me respect when ive fed her and my little brother for a few months at a time. i dont run away from fights and i dont intend to run this time but she has to learn to respect me and what i do for her before i respect her..

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Will,

As a mom, I can tell you that what your mother needs most if for you to go give her a hug and tell her you're sorry for the harsh words which you said.

As a mom, I am sure it's very hard for your mother to know that the family has to depend on your hunting for food. As proud as you are that you can help out, and as much as you love hunting, she wishes with all her heart that it wasn't necessary. Can you see how that puts her into a double bind?

Seriously, Wil, what your mom needs most right now is for you to go give her a hug and tell her that you understand, even if you don't, and that you love her.
    This is an approach you'll have to take for the rest of your life with whatever woman you love... for real :smile2: it's the mature thing to do and I know you can make it right.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now listen Son, I'm a MA,and well we Ma's we make mistakes you didn't come down the birth canal with a book that told your Ma everthing to do and everthing not to do!! Now some folk,they can't stand to hunt animals cause I reckon they think it's a liken to hurting something and animals hurt with a wound the way we humans do when we get a cut or a burn or somethin that draws blood.That's why I strongly believe in one shot one kill,no suffering.But maybe your ma thinks there's some sufferin anyway.What I'm tryin to say is work it out with her,she the only MA you're gonna get and when she's gone that's it. I too don't know your age but I agree with the Brother that stated you're gonna get called all kinds of things betwwen now and the time you leave this world.We all do it's a part of life. Yes! It's really tough and hurtful when it's it's your own kinfolk trust me I know,but consider this. When we get angry or hurt we ALL say things that would be better off left unsaid. I say forgive her,and forget about making her pay,all that attitude is gonna get ya is a big bite in the butt,when ya least expect. Comeon now ler bygones be bygones.Deep inside she loves you and I think you feel the same about her.Please don't fester about this,life is way too short!-----Sister Pat.:big_smile:

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im sorry wil but these guys are right and you should respect yer mother no matter what and you do need to make up with her

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya i just tried to, she slapped me when i tried to hug her and said "get away from me murderer"... im madder then hell right now. she can apologize i aint doin it.

10. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Good advice from good people. Wil I know your talkin' turkey, but, a book you might want to read is "A Look At Life FRom A Deer Stand" by Steven Chapman. It talks alot about our strong drive to be in the outdoors as well as our need to find balance and the importance of your family. It is written from a christian standpoint. I have given copies to even my no-believing friends, and all have taken much from it.

Richard

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wil,

I'm tellin ya, son, if you're man enough to hunt, you're man enough to learn something about women. I'm sorry you're learning the hard way, but you can't let your anger drive the love of your mom out of your heart.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Wil, Your mother has given birth to you, fed you, clothed you, sent you to school, nutured you, and done without for you for 16 years!!! Heck, some mothers just through in the towel and put their kids up for adoption from the git-go but your mom stuck it out and raised you to the best of her abilities. I commend her for a job well done!!!
    What you mother has done for you has allready earned your respect wheather you like it or not. You have to respect her for what she has done for you.
    You have fed the family for a season and for that I am proud of you but, you need to look at the big picture little brother, you are still a child in her eyes and most likely will always be. That is the way mothers are. You need to rethink your stance on this before it is to late.
    Hell, I am 49 and my mom still treats me like a kid, LOL!!! I like that sometimes, LMAO!!!

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Maybe she needs to feed you a knuckle sandwich to get your attention... sounds like a whole bunch of disrespect floatin' around...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance can be cured by learning and reading. Stupidity isn't willing to be cured.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang I cant believe this is happening Wil, PLEASE ,by all means skirt the subject for a while , she's your mother and deserves the utmost respect ,no matter what!! theres a fine line between mom and boss. My mother tries to boss me an I'm 45 .but I listen an do what I please [as long as she dont know]. but you only got one MOM in this world so do what ever it takes to rectify this situation..

15. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    There's more going on here. Mothers who slap their children have big problems.:sad2:

16. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You ever consider you're pushing it too much? maybe it's not the fact that you hunt for food, but the fact that she knows you enjoy the kill. dont rub it in her face by talking about it in front of her. dont describe your kills. dont show so much excitement about hunting in front of her. give her THAT respect. maybe she sees something in your excitement to hunt that disturbs her about her son? GROW UP a little! my mother was a very hard woman. very strict. we had a lot of arguements like yours. last year my mother had a heart-attack and a stroke at my little sisters funeral. that was the 3'rd of may. she died june the 5'th. i seen it in her eyes before she went down. she felt responsible for what happened to her daughter. and she could'nt take it. her mind came and went for the small period inbetween. but i had just enough time to set a lot of things straight, and i told her how i felt. when i did this i didnt remember any of these arguements. all that stuff didnt seem important. time's short boy, dont waste it...

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The problem they have is disrespectful children who need to be slapped!!!

If my dad heard me or heard about me talking to my mom in that manner, I would have been put in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.
    Seems that Wil, is thinking since he has put a little meat on the table, he is in charge around the house. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    He needs to learn his place in the home and not to overstep his bounds!!!

PS. I haven't heard what Dad thinks about all of this yet!!!

18. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    mmm, Not to get off subject, but that aint entirely true.. Growing up, I was spanked and a few times got smacked when I was smart mouthing … Before I was spanked, I got “the talk”. About why I was getting it, what was expected of me and so on. Lord I hated the talk. I always felt less than an inch tall. I can say I had a happy Childhood. I was loved, encouraged, and given room to make my own mistakes after being given advice on what I should do. I can only hope I can be half the parent mine were. There isn’t enough spanking going on today imho, nor, involvement, pride, and commitment to a lot of the so called “problem” children we have today.. Too much “Time out”, or “Your grounded for week” and letting em run amuck the next day, etc etc…Just because a Parent spanks a child doesn’t mean they have problems….

/Rant mode Off

Wil, as been said, You get 1!!! Mother. Leave no regrets when the good Lord brings ya home.

19. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma

I agree, there a bigger issue here than just hunting. I'd let cool down for while, maybe even a couple of days, and try to find out what is eating her. Maybe the thought of her boy growing up is bothering her.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Wil, not much I can add, but I will say I believe I'd much rather have a mother like yours than mine. Mine stopped taking care of me and stuff when I was just a baby and my Dad had to take over, he said I would start crying for food or something and after he had been doing everything all day for me he would ask her if she could help or something and she would not do anything but lay around all the time so he had to do it all...until eventually it got so out of hand my Dad and his parents (my grandparents) got custody of me.

Now my Mom lives about 6 hours way from me, I don't see her but a couple times a year mostly, and when I do she acts crazy because she's on massive amounts of very hard drugs, one of which I know is cocaine! You can look up all the threads I posted and read the awful expierence I posted about when my great grandma died last summer and I had to go spend a week with my Mother in WV around the funeral time.....But you know what, even after all of that, I've never called her a bad name or even raised my voice at her. Because, I always remember she is my Mom and on top of that the old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right comes into play.

Now, I think your mother did cross the line to slap you, that is judging from your post. It sounds like maybe both of you just need to chill and definitely have a big hug and also a talk about this whole thing. Because please keep in mind what JW said, suppose out of the blue something happen to her, you would certainly not want to have to think back about the last thing you said to her, and I'm sure if something happen to you she would feel bad as well.

I do know how you feel though brother. And I wish you the best of luck with the situation. I'm sure everything will turn out fine after a little "chill" time.

Zakk