I've been holding off,but I am gonna ask!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by pk_powell, Apr 20, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You know to be Obese is a miserable thing. I know cause I have it! I don't think folks really understand what it does to ones self esteem,on to my request. I have a 30 y/o nephew by marriage. He's a good kid but he just can't lose the weight. He's tried hard but he's a big boy and even when he married my niece he was a big man,but we all thought he was just built big! Well it's come down to the fact that he now has diabetes,after much medical counceling it has been decided that on April 23RD he will undergo a Gastric Bypass.Now for those who don't understand what this is,they will put him to sleep and split him open,they will then proceed to reroute the food passages. They will do this by either stapeling his stomach off to where it's just a small pouch or they will remove a large portion of his stomach,and then reconect his intestines to this small pouch.This induces rapid weightloss,and also his diabetes will be gone immediately.He and his wife are both smart kids as they met each other while he was graduating from practical nursing and she was going in.The night she graduated from practical nursing he asked her to marry him.She accepted,wearing a beautiful diamond ring.Then they both went on to RN and are both now RN's.So from the medical standpoint they are ready to persue this surgery.She told her mother,my sister that he will die by age 50 if this surgery is not done.I guess when you wake up from this procedure it's a whole new ballgame. You're appetite is gone and your eating style is completely different.So this will probably have a phycological aspect to this. When you are used to eating and then your body won't allow you too,this in itself can present obstacles that one must overcome. I just ask for good positive thoughts and those who believe in prayer to pray. He's a good kid, he's been good to my niece and they have a little girl and a little boy. So on the 23RD, if you could keep John Curran in your thoughts and prayers I would indeed be grateful. I humbly thank you one and all! Sister Pat:smile2:

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You got it Pat. Will keep John and his loved ones in our thoughts and prayers.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sir, I am most grateful for your kindness!:smile2:

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Pat did they know or ask about the band that is used now?
    It can be tightened up easy or taken out.
    Also Theres one guy that works with my wife, He had the deal your talking about. And he sure did drop the weight.
    WE will be praying for it to work. But he still has to eat the way they tell him. Or its not any good.
    Pete

5. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    He'll be in my thoughts and prayers PK, I hope this surgery will improve his health and make him feel better.

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thought and Prayer sent from Southwest Missouri.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I thankyou all for your kindness! Baby Brother Pete. I reckon at first their insurance wasn't gonna pay for this ordeal. I guess the Doctor had to do some real talkin to convince them that this was a medical nessisity. As for me. I would love to try the lap band but ya know us po folk,they won't do nothing not anymore than they have too. I have seen on the Learning Channel where these procedures cost at least $20,000! Po Folk insurance just won't do it!:crazy:

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky. Went threw it myself powell lost a 117 lbs and cant seem to get the other 100 :crazy: off :(

9. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Pat, we will keep you and your Nephew and the rest of the family in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on how everything goes.

10. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Pat my my dear friend you have it. Prayers on the way from Georgia. If there is anything else we can do just let me know.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat thanks for asking. Yes I will be praying for John. Asking God to see him and his wife through this. God still hears and answers prayers.:smile2:

12. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Prayers sent from Ohio, Pat. There's no doubt that John will be a different person after the surgery. Prayers are a powerful part of his healing.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I appreciate your kindness Gentlemen,it truly means alot!!:big_smile:

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    pat I will be happt to Pray for John

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I appreciate your kindness!:smile2:

16. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    My sister-in-law had this done. She's looks like a completely different person. I'm sure he will be happy with the results.

Mikey

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent, please keep us posted.

18. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thought and Prayer sent from Kansas.
    :boss: ​

19. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    my thoughts and prayers go out to him good luck and godspeed

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just read your request my my dear friend.You know I'll be saying prayers for the entire family. A friend of ours had that done an boy did she ever look different. now she's skinny as a rail.Looks good but sure different. Sure they will enjoy the results.Keep us posted please.