It's time to stock up on canned corn

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by catman529, Apr 3, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yesterday while fishing I was down at a small feeder creek where bass, bluegill & suckers spawn every spring.

I was down there looking for one sucker in particular for bait. He had been swimming in a strange way right on the surface of the water. I thought I would have a good shot at him with my cast net. (I had already missed him once and was trying again.)

As I sat by the water looking for the wake the fish made, I saw something move in the water. But this thing was like 10 times bigger than the sucker. I had recently seen a buff up in this creek, but no, this was a big ole carp coming up to feed. It had some sort of leech-looking thing attached to its head, about 5 inches long and definitely lighter in color than the carp itself.

All I had for bait was some catfish charlie dough bait. I thought I would give it a go, so I ran back and got the stuff. But of course this carp had no interest in the stink bait. Just the mud in the water.

So now I gotta go get a can of corn and go down to the river. And when I see that ole carp, I'll throw in a handful of corn, bait my hook up, and hope he sees it.

But there is one problem. A cold front is coming in very soon, in fact it might be starting now. It will be a lot colder than it has been for about a week. So I don't know when I will get another shot at a big carp, but hopefully it will be soon. Tight lines everyone

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Best of luck to ya! they can be fun once they realize their hooked.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Just wait till this could front passes once it warms up again that creek will be full of em i bet!:smile2: