It's time to Name Flathunter's new boat!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Salmonid, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Knowing that Mellon will be on board, Im sure we can think of a few good names for its Maiden Voyage.

Ideas??....
    "The Good Ship Lollipop"
    "The Chub Hunter"
    "No B-8 Is safe"

Im sure we can come up with some good ones.:p
    Salmonid

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    the melon hauler?

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Come on now..... you guys are acting as if this is a Cruise Liner! It's a Jon boat. But..... I think it should be named "The Flathunter". :p

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    All boats need a name whether they are big or small! even if its just what you call her, you know, something to make the wife jealous:rolleyes:

Before long youll be spending more time with the boat, washing it, buying it fancy shiny do-hickeys, and before long, youll be sleeping with it in the garage, its a sickness that has gotten the better part of many good men.

Salmonid

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'm thinkin "The Mellon Baller"

better than the name's mine has, The Toe-inator, The slightly haunted indestructible attack boat, Ghetto Boat2

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Flathunter sounds great. that way Mellon won't be able to say it's his..........lol.......actually Mellon sounds just like one of my old buds, lot's of fun to be around, never a dull moment.

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    so true I would love to go fishing with melon and flathunter not sure if i would gt any fishing done be laughing all day :p

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Actually my wife bought some lettering while we were at bass pro, so she could put the word flathunter on it!

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We should have a boat naming contest. mine is "go get them!!"

10. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hey thats a great idea who evers name gets used flathunter can take fishing lol oh man i know flathunter will be after me now lol
    i like the name my wife calls our bassboat the money pit seems like she is always buying some goodie for it!

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If we all think of how much we spend on our boats and the equipment we use it is a wonder we don't name every fish we catch. LOL

Give it a name. I believe I will name mine, even if I don't put it on the boat I should call her something. (( did you get that, I called it her, I am catching on already ))

Danny

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I guess I win the name game then, right? :)

13. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Before I submit any witty names I think I need some more data.As I recall this was a 14ft Jonboat?Given Mellons weight before the Superbowl party and then calculating the post party gross weight,keeping in mind that he has a 50lb tackle bag and at least 20 rods and reels for various and sundry fish species,not to mention a .45 pistol and 12 extra magazines for night defense and whatever food and drink necessary to sustain him,plus the cast net I would say an appropriate name would be S.S. SUNK!:crying: Thats before Jack even gets in,perhaps S.S.UNLAUNCHABLE would be better.My own personal favorite would be 2ft TO SHRT!:) or WATERMELLON :p .I say we should make bets on how long it will be before this one is traded in on a bigger model.I would suggest a long rope with a float on it be stowed aboard then you will be able to find it again quickly once it goes under.

14. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good God Jim, you don't have much faith;) :p

15. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Did you mean "WaterLemon" or "WaterMellon"?:p :p
    Salmonid

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    No Point:) Will that work?

17. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Seems to me Jack's wife won the naming of the boat contest before it ever got home..LOL...tell me she isn't planning a lot of time in that boat....LOL:rolleyes:

18. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    it will be named "FOR SALE" as jack will try it for about 30 seconds and the sell it for less than half what he payed for it.

19. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think tony was close, but I would call it "Mellon Bobber", just picture the boats motion as the fishing crew boards and gets underway:0a22:

20. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I say you guys name it, JUST SKUNKED :p :p :p