Its time,Im going to bartlett this weekend!!

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by az cat hunter, Apr 2, 2008.

1. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I cant wait,goin fishin at bartlett this weekend!!The wife is going out to the flats friday night,and setting up camp(how sweet is that)Then I'll be up sat afternoon to fish thru sunday!We are bass and catfishing.If anyone is heading up,stop by and say hey!I'll have the boat and will be fishing alone in the boat,as my wife will be fishing out of her tube!!Anyway lookin forward to some good flats,and early am bass!:eek:oooh:

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    A friend and I went to bartlett last weekend and didnt catch squat. I couldnt even catch any gills for bait and the only fish I saw were a few shad. Most of the fish are in 40-60 ft of water and not very active.

3. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well hopefully the cats will be going better!My son and his friend caught 27 bass last monday,mostly in shallow water!The spawn is on!!!

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck hope you catch a bunch

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Good luck bro..
    * It should be heat'in up...
    * Post your pictures!!

6. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well it was tough fishing this weekend for me.I only got 3 small bass and had one good run on a bluegill sat night,with no hook-up.It was crowded and very tough!Oh well,I'll try it again next weekend!!

7. usmarine

usmarine New Member

State:
    az
    Where are the best places to fish bartlett without a boat?

8. HAWG SEEKER

HAWG SEEKER New Member

State:
    Arizona
    THATS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT PLACE @ BARLETT IS A GOOD SPOT?

9. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'd say that SB cove is pretty good,and just passed the marina is good,but lots of walking to get to the good spots by the marina!

10. HAWG SEEKER

HAWG SEEKER New Member

State:
    Arizona
    COOL. BARLETT HERE I COME!

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hope you have a very productive weekend

12. Jou

Jou New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey all, new here also... Just thought id let you know my luck as of last weekend near in SB cove...

First, there was a night party full of idiots yelling throughout the night pissing me off (I was there with a few friends all 18) But no luck for cats that night.

Next day fished off shore mostly and brought an inflatible boat, no bass off topwater that morning nor could we even catch a bluegill :embarassed:

But it was fun none the less, not often I get to go out fishing anymore.

Cant wait to hit up Roosevelt at my grandfathers for some good crappie!

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey dude!
    Welcome to the BOC... I hope you have better luck next time..
    * I was at Bartlet this weekend as well.. I was hoping for a reduced water level, but nope.. She is still holding at 100%... I only caught a few channel cats and had two nice slow runs on cut carp but was too tired to get up in time to set the hook... (Was fishing near ship rock)

** You should try again when the levels are lower... Because if you are a shore fisherman, you can get farther up river by truck to some better spots.. Personally, I think the best spot to drive to at Bartlet is by the no wake buoys when the water is low.. There are a few holes there that have produced some cats before..

** There are good spots all over the lake... You just need to find 20-30 foot deep water near boulders, and also near deep water drop off..