Its time for shark

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by ArmyCatfish, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    shark season is here. time to go catch me some shark down here in SE Ga. anyone around here do any salt water fishing?

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i just caught a blacktip friday afternoon in the gulf off of cape san blas.. took him on cut whiting about 150yds off of the beach.

3. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    I dont fish for shark much, but we do catch a plenty fishing for cobia or drum off and around Hatteras Island..

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    did a few times while i lived in the keys, havnt caught a catfish over 5lbs yet so i cant compare the the thrill of catching a shark vs a large kitty yet :wink:

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i will be out every nite july 1-4 fishing for reds and shark. when you get a 4-6 footer on catfish rods you have a good fight.

6. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    :0a27: same here but in DE the doggies are finished spawning and the sand bars should moving in soon.

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    make 2 to 4 trips a year to gulf of mexico for rays and sharks.headed to texas city soon for some jetty fishing.

8. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    this time of year here we get into alot of atlantic sharpnos and blacktips. once and a while a bonnet head or hammer head, however another month or so and the big lemon sharks will be in

9. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    We have caught black tip this time of year off tybee island on cut ladyfish. In the morning as the sun just starts to rise and the tide is midway high i've seen them quite a bit of times in the mouth of the back river.

10. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    ya the mouth to back river is where i am going next

11. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have been getting a few 6 and 8 ft sharks around jeykll island nothing big yet they been a little slow getting started

12. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    went to jekyll this past weekend and fished off the pier with no luck but didnt have the right gear to go after the big ones. i did get a baby black tip off the front side of the island at the campground beach.i did get a 70 lbs stingray off the pier sun morning.

then mon we made our way to tybee ran the sain net and cought 4 cow nose and a good bit of mullet. we threw out the mullet on and got a 3.5 ft hammer head. and then we put out a cow nose and spanish head the cow nose got hit fast and hard but no hook up. the spanish got hit and got a hook up but got tail whiped on 500 lbs mono:sad2: i hated to leave good fishing but had a 3.5 hr drive and had to be at work in 8 hrs. so maybe next trip:wink:

13. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    A few weeks ago Wyliecat, RivercatSC and I headed out of Murrels inlet, SC and got into a few small sharpnoses, and 2 Tiger Sharks in the 250# range. Going to get back down there and try for some Black Tips before the summer is over. In August Ill be in Maryland fishing the White Marlin Open and may try and squeeze in a Mako trip on a lay day.