Its time for morel mushrooms

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tspergin, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Its that time of year again,thought I would post a couple pics of some morels so the new hunters can get a idea of what they look like

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When we going Tony? lol I don't think I've found that many my entire life! Oh' I have found some nice bunches, but those pic's sure dwarf those. lol
    Besides your getting older now an probably need help hauling them out of the woods.:eek:oooh:

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I was wanting to go this week,had some rain and warm temps.........forecast for this week is down in the 30's :(

4. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I found 1 small grey one today, I think we have 4 or 5 days till it gets good here in NE Kansas.

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes its time little slow here but give it a week or two an they will be up reeel good going to try to get out some more this week

6. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    The morels are definately up in SO. ILL. My wife and I found about a bunch of big white ones today. Just found them on one hillside though.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, here they are. I gues I'll post here since my thread is burried, and I don't feel like digging it back up. lol. Still a tad bit early, but it's supposed to freeze by friday, and today was the only chance I had to go. It may be a couple more weeks before a second flush now.

Attached Files:

8. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    lookis like some good eaten there to me thanks for sharing the pics

9. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice ones, Matt! Thanks for the photos :smile2:
    I hope that freeze turns out to be a false alarm and you're able to gather some more before too long.
    We're mostly surrounded by pasture land, but I'll take a look around here tomorrow and see whether there are any signs of morels in sight.

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My kid's and I cant wait until it time.