It's that time of the year

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by jlawson435, Nov 15, 2008.

1. jlawson435

jlawson435 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am getting ready to buy a supply of things but would like to know what everyone thinks is the best floats. I generally use a long float and some that are lighted. But its been a while sine I bought any. Generally have bought 24 at a time also is there any real good bobber stops your using. Seems the ones I had left work ok but then become loose and have to start over. Got plent of circle hooks and other just need new ideas on floats and stops

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I tie my own stops and they work fairly well

For floats I like the 8 inch ones that are orange/white. For nighttime I go to the local dollar store and buy packages of Glow braclets. You get 6 for 1 dollar and you can just tape them onto your bobber

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    HI JIM

Welcome to the BOC...always good answers for your questions. What part of KY do you live in? Where do you fish?

Linda

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    The floats that Catfish Jeffs carries are very nice. I have put them through hell and back and they hold up very well and they come in a multitude of colors. I believe they are around 3 dollars apiece. The phone number is 1-502-968-5094 and he is located off Blue Lick Rd. in Louisville.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    First of all Welcome to the BOC/SOC.
    Here is a link to one of our sponsors of the BOC that makes a real good float.
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/
    They will do a great job for ya.

7. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    welcome to the boc. im new to this whole catfishin thing so i cant help with advise, but there are plenty here that can. good luck and welcome

8. slowjamcdub

slowjamcdub New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I can tell you what not to buy lol:smile2: Dont get that glow in the dark as seen on TV bobber it sucked!:sad2: It didnt ever glow! I was so happy when it got dark to try it out and i charged it with my car lights and i could see it glowing in the hand a little but when you toss it out it just was not bright enough:sad2: So save your money on that thing! :tounge_out:

9. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I perfer to fish on the bottom if I can avoid the snags. The last time I fished the "Falls of Ohio", I used 2 poles each with a float. The current makes a loop in 1 part of the river & goes back up the river to the down river current. Try to keep the 2 of them, APART!!! LOL!:roll_eyes: