It's that time again.....

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rainman4u2, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

For most people who live in the northern half of this great state, the first snow usually means the end to a great fishing season. For some of the rest of us, it means a great chance to hit the Power Plant Lakes in our areas. The two most notable in my area are Powerton Lake in Pekin, and then the Hot water discharge on the Mississippi River at Cordova Illinois.

Lets here some others that BOC members in our areas might not know about.

Ray

2. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Clinton Lake is another place that is worth trying in the Winter.

3. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have intentions at hitting the hot ditch at lake sangchris I've heard good things about it this is my first year with a boat so I will be trying it soon this week would be nice fishing weather but i cant get out

4. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    once x-mas is over and I get my boat bought, I'm going to hit the fishing pretty hard hopefully.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thing about clinton lake is ya cannot access the discharge from nov to march. but im ready and waiting.:cool2:

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Baldwin Lake east of St. Louis is a local powerplant lake that can be DYNAMITE for big blues and flats during the winter.

7. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Alton has 2 one below the dam and one above at the West Alton/St. Charles power plant seen people get fish from there but I must not know where or how to fish these because I have had no luck. Gotten a lot of bait from both so I know the fish are there.