Its so hot

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by davesoutfishing, Jul 18, 2006.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    It's so hot...........the trees are leanin towards the water spicket outside

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We got a little rain last night. Temp dropped 23°

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Supposed to be 105 today in sunny S/W Iowa to hot to do much of anything .
    Brian

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very hot brother, drove 400 miles yesterday and no AC. That little breeze just dont help. I sure hope is cools down soon.

5. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know what you mean! The rivers down here need water bad. It's so bad in some places, the fish will spit dust in your eyes when you unhook them. I've committed to going camping with my youngest son (16) tomorrow. We are going down river to brackish water so we will have some water with the tides. The flats have been killing the redbreast population down there, it's also a good area for channels,and blues. I've got a good spot under plenty of shade, taking plenty of ice, and water. I even picked up a little 10 inch battery operated fan from Walmart for the tent.

Good fishin', Jack. :smile2:

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    It's so hot here that the birds are using potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.

7. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    rather have it so I can go fishing then cold and snowing AND NO FISHING:0a18:

8. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's been so hot here , the last time I went fishing , the catfish had ticks on them..........hu.....steve

9. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    It is 105 here with the heat index!!! It wouldnt be so bad if there was no humidity but with 56% of that doesnt make it anymore comfortable to be outside.

10. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Its Like 107deg With 100% Humidity Here...the Humidity Is What Gets Us...wouldnt Be So Bad, Atleast Tolerable If The Humidity Would Go Down. My Grandpa Told Me It Never Used To Be This Hot...wonder What The Hell Is Goin' On...seen A Special On Global Warming...its The Oil-as*holes That Are Contributing So Much To Pollution...the Ice Caps Are Melting, And Sea Levels Are Rising...and Im Between Medium Well To Well Done...lol...i Want To Bring Jaden Fishing After Work Today, But Im Starting To Reconsider...even In The Shade Its Over 100deg! Was Thinkin' Bout' Goin' To The Spillway And Maybe Jumpin In The Water And Fishin'...but Havent Caught Any Fish Over The Weekend For The First Time This Year..suxxx...but Hell, Ill Try...
    Ya'll Stay Cool!
    Shaun

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    110 yesterday 111 today and triple digits rest of the week. Seen 114 to 116 days here at this time of year before so it aint no biggie just stay inside the nice air conditioned store hehe.

12. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    too hot to move, let alone fish.\

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been waiting on a thread like this. LOL.
    Its so hot, my AC in house and truck is needing AC.

Today it's 105 temps. outside and Heat index 108. I looked at my temp gage and it says 115. All I know , ITS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    I think I can take my jacket off now.
    I walk out side to smoke and dont need to light it , it turns to ash.

On olefin's , " Red Neck Wiener Roast " thread and pic,
    All we got a do is load up rake, hang it off back porch out of shade in sun for bout 1 minute and they be done. Thats if we can get across wal mart parking lot fast enough without them getting cooked before we get home. LOL.
    Go ahead, jump on my tail gate of truck and see how long you can sit down. Hotter than McD.'s coffee. LOL.

I got home today thinking someone stold my boat. Turns out it took itself to lake to cool off.

Lakes or down real bad. If I walk on grass it turns to dust. Those little orange and black ants come out big time when its this hot and dry. Really they are big ants. I call em tiger ants. Those things hurt. They dont run in packs, no need, they bad by themselves.

Maybe I can get a pic of one in a little while. Got a true story bout being bit by one in a bad place.

Lot of good ones on here but that one Grumpy said, "It's so hot here that the birds are using potholders to pull the worms out of the ground." First time I heard that one. LOL

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    You 2 have been in the sun to long.

ST

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I can't wait tell winter here in texas the fishing slows way down in the summer for me winter is my prime time for big blues on Texoma. If its sleeting or snowing youll find me out on the lake with the old man running jugs. Heck its so hot here in Texas I had left a lighter sitting in my car for about 5 hours when i got back in it the lighter had done exploded all over the place. Hate to have been in the car driveing when it did.