It's snowing in TEXAS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, Mar 6, 2008.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thought I would let you know that it does really snow in Texas.
    It started about 2:15pm and we are in for up to 4 inches of the white stuff.
    I'll add more pics as the day goes by.

100_3059.jpg

100_3062.jpg

100_3061.jpg

:big_smile::cool2::wink:

This is in Fort Worth, It's really snowing heavy up in the Denton area.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Al,

Hope you enjoy it, since it is a rarity. We have spring like 60's here today, but snow forecast for the weekend. Crazy weather.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    They always say here in Texas, if you don't like the weather in Texas, just stick around for 5 minutes, it will change. It really does change.
    I love it. My daughter loves it more than I do though...:big_smile::smile2:

Thanks Cheryl, for the rep...

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    send some my way!!!!

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    GOOD!!! Hope you get it all :smile2: :smile2: We have had enough for the year so y'all go ahead and keep that this round OK?....:smile2: :smile2:

AL, let us know how well you like it after about 10-12 inches of it needs moved off the drive and walk, LOL! Hope you get it all, Bro!

I think the next one may miss us to the south and dump on Tenn. and KY, WOOOHOOO! (in a good way) LOL!

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    What part of Texas you in brother ?
    I would send some your way if I could...lol I think Mother Nature has more power than I do. :smile2:

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I've had my share of shoveling the snow during my years when I was in Minnesota and Colorado...lol :big_smile::wink:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We got about 5" from last nite till it quit this morning ,Al. its been sooo darn dry here I almost wanted to go roll in it ,but I restrained myself.

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Richard, we don't get snow here very often but when we get it, it's a sight for everyone to see. Everybody panics on the highways and they cause accidents left and right.

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    It's still Snowing at 4:15 pm, and it's supposed to keep snowing till 8pm tonight. Here are a few more pics.

100_3063.jpg

100_3064.jpg

100_3065.jpg

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This has been a crazy year !!!!!!!!

12. bluewatercat

bluewatercat New Member

State:
    Killen Alabama
    Don't feel bad... we could get 2-3 inches in Alabama tomorrow night :eek:oooh:

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the pics. My Aunt lives in Weatherford. She just called and told me all about it. I lined her out. LOL.

That aint snow. I been racking and burning leaves today. Wind blowing hard today, must be white ash from burning leaves , all over the place. Sorry if you folks got to much. I'll try to tone down my fire next time. LOL:tounge_out:

All winter long in my part. its 70 one day and 20 the next. Sunny and dry, then rainy and cold. heck the trees started budding in Dec. LOL.
    I mowed once all ready and now, its dead.:roll_eyes:

Texas is the only State that takes more than a day, maybe 3 to travel across, got more weather change than we got counties and can grow dang near anything. We need a fence before everybody wants a piece. LOL.

14. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We get a lot of snow here and they still drive like they've never seen it before and crash everywhere. All these people in SUVs think they can stop fast because they have 4WD!

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I can not believe it. Couple days ago it was sunny and warm. everything blooming.
    yesterday it was about 60 or so. Last night right after I finished up racking and burning leave's in yard it started raining hard , temps dropped.
    Woke up at 5am. Snowing. Had to make a run, got home bout little after 8 am snow I though was done. Just stepped outside to take a look see. its snowing hard and everything is covered. looks like 3" so far. Trees iced up, it looks cool out in the country, wish i was at lake right now. might even take a drive to lake. We dont get snow much in my parts.
    especially this time of year.
    heck I'm going to see if I can go get my grandson before it gets any worse. People round here cant drive in snow and ice. Got to run back to town before road ice up and see how bad things are and get propane bottle filled. Most likely elect will go out.
    I want a play in the snow with grandkids LOL.. I think we get to pick up Grand Daughter also after school. If schools dont close early.

its cool. No where but Texas where you can get a little of everything at any moment.
    God Bless Texas.

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The problem I remember is that most kids have more snow removal equipment in their toy box than Dallas has throughout the city. When they get hammered like this, it's going to take a while to recooperate. I, for one, am very glad I'm not sharing the roads with those Texas drivers...they drive fast normally and don't slow down for snow or ice. LOL

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that is who we make most of our money off of lol!! we sell everything to put them back together whenever they manage to smash em up

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas

LOL, I drove a wrecker for a while. Your right. Disturb the norm and stuff happens.

19. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Its been raining here in georgia but I just saw on the TV the storm system you were dealing with is coming in now , we have heavy snow warning, snow advisory and tornado warning:eek:oooh:.

I hope everyone does well.

20. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We got alot of snow here in NW La early in the day, but by the time I got off work @ 4:30, it had melted & the sun was coming out. At one time about 10:00 this morning it was beginning to stick. In fact, my daughter in law checked the grandkids out of school so they could enjoy playing in it. They got about 2 inches at her house. She made some great pictures & emailed them to me. If I can figure out how to get them on here, I'll post them. It was really pretty.....and I had to work!(Nobody came to check me out from work so I could play):sad2: