Its Raining! Whos fishin!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by crazy cathunter, Oct 23, 2007.

1. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well guys its finally raining, My sorry butt is going to the river. If anybody else is going, Reply with what bait your going to use and lets see who catches the most fish. I am trying to find out what works best in cooler weather. So i will say thank you guys in advance and hope i can get some feed-back.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    caught a few flats on cut gill yesterday.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I will hopefully be heading down this weekend, I will be using shad...Live and cut..They have been thumpin live bait lately.The river temp last time i looked was 69.

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    went out monday during the rain. had a few little warmouths. caught 1 8lb flat on one of them. and caught 2 nice little channels on live creek chubs

5. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i havent been out in awhile sure am hopping to get out soon....my fishin buddy had to change shifts at work so he isnt able to make it so im looking for a new teacher...lol

6. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I will be fishing the Ohio River for flathead Thursday night. Finally some current.

7. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    let us know if you do any good rusty hook, i'm trying to head down to the ohio river on sunday but i need directions to a dam haha

8. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    went to the gmr last monday....caught two lil flatties, 3 channel cat and one walleye....... used live sheephead and cut bait

9. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    I fished all Day on Thursday...Daylight to dark. 2 Locations. Above the Meldahl Dam in the higginsport area and below the dam down near the 275 bridge. I can tell ya this much...NOAA is full of s**t. Their charts are just flat out wrong and thier predictions are getting to be as bad as our weather forecasters ! The current was supposed to be near a 110 kcfs for thursday above the dam and there was practically none. Not enough to anchor the boat correctly so we pulled out and went down towards cincy. There was better current there.
    On the bait, we had fresh cut and live shad,and some frozen skips. We landed one blue around the 20lb. mark and one flathead about 8-9 lb.s. These were in the morning above the dam. Then we landed one stinkin channel around 6lb.s below the dam with a cut shad. The blue and flat were both on skip.
    A note on the NOAA thing. I don't know how many of you "rely" on there graphs and predictions but I do know some people who drive long distances to fish based on their predictions. I am going to call them today,if possible and see if I can find out what is going on. They used to be real good and now they must have some kind of problem. If I find anything out I will let everyone here know....Randy

10. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am headed to the river right after i go seine some creek chubs. I want to thank all you guys for posting, it has helped greatly!. Now i know that i'll have more luck with live and cut bait. With the rain and stronger current I might have a good chance at landing 20+ pounder which i have not done yet this year. Also since everyone has been so good with posting, I want you all to know that i am a certified mechanic with 23 years experience. I have my own garage and is my only income. If anyone needs help with their cars,trucks,boat motors anything, feel free to ask anytime. Most problems i could talk you through it on here or on a phone. Just trying to do a little pay back. Thanks again guys!