It's Parker Canyon or Patagonia tomorrow

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishchick, Jun 3, 2008.

1. fishchick

fishchick New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Finally getting a chance to ht the water again. Planning to hit either Parker Canyon or Patagonia tomorrow afternoon and evening. Haven’t been to Parker since last year, so it might be interesting to give that a try. Patagonia has been a bit disappointing so far this year. It’s supposed to be a little breezy again, but hopefully that will die off in the evening. Anyone been to either lake in the last three weeks?

2. Pappy B

Pappy B Guest

My son went to both lakes over the last holiday.He caught more fish at Patty .He didn't do very well at Parker.He said the road going in to Parker Canyon was getting pretty beat up.He was shore fishing at both lakes.It's a coin toss I guess but,you can't beat the views at Parker.He did see a few deer walking around the lake at Parker.He said that was the best part of his trip.
    Good luck
    Pappy B.

3. fishchick

fishchick New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well other than some real wind gusts that made an impression, fishing was pretty good at Patagonia. We decided on that rather than Parker Canyon just because of the road. It was very rough the last time we traveled it too.

We caught three bass of about a pound, quite a few sunfish, with a couple being real whoppers too. We also caught five channels in the evening, and the largest was maybe three pounds. We ended up keeping four nice sized sunfish to eat, and if I can figure out how to upload a picture I’ll do that of the largest sunfish. It was the largest we’ve caught in a while.

The high point of the night was when a cat hit on my ultralite so hard it went airborne. I managed to snag onto it right in mid-air, and land the fish later. If anyone heard a loud ‘woo hoo‘ at about 11:00 pm, well that was me. :smile2:

It seems the fishing really picked up from the last times we fished Patagonia, so that was a pleasant surprise. We tried some small bluegills for a while as bait, but nothing touched them at all. The cats were all caught on liver, and the bass and sunfish on worms.

patty sunfish.jpg

4. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Wow, nice fish.

5. Pappy B

Pappy B Guest

Sounds Like a HOOT.I'm glad you had a good trip.
    I forgot to tell you, Welcome to the BOC.
    Check out the library for some great info.
    Pappy B.:big_smile:

6. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Wow Cherry, you weren't kidding. That is a nice sunfish!!!