its over

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rasmotherman, Sep 14, 2009.

1. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    my season is done. frusteration and lack of money has put a halt to fishing. i went out to get some crappie for the freezer and couldnt even catch one. money is so tight i can hardly afford the 3 mile trip to the lake. hopefully spring will bring better times. we will see

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sorry to hear your season is over for lack of funds hope things get better for ya good luck bro

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    C'mon man! Fishing is never over! I understand times might be tough but don't hang up the thing you enjoy in your life.

I don't know about you, but I can dig up a dozen garden worms which I would turn into a half dozen sunnies which become an evening's catfish bait.

During the hard times for you and your family, fishing might be the only thing to keep you from going insane!

Fishing....if there's a will, there's a way! Don't give up my friend!:cool2:

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have told my wife that 3 times this year....so far!!!!!! :smile2:

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    well i hope things get better for ya, hang in there dude:cool2:

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope things get better soon! I'm sure most of us at some point have felt the pinch.

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Hope it gets better for you Rick.

8. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    thanks guys. this will also ease some tensions at home. i have heard my wifes complaints bout spending too much time at the lake too. figure what the heck hang it up, save some $ (terminal is running REALLY low), and have some peace at home

9. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    told the wife i may sneak out today for a farewell night out. she wasnt amused, and i wasnt joking

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    No offense but you have to do something to break up the time if you know what I mean. Being stuck at home doing honny do's all the time will be like a prison sentence IMO. You may not go out every night or even once a week but you need to do something.

11. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    dont push it buddy:smile2::wink: im sorry to hear of your hard times brother,just keep in mind it's not you,iv went back to school( here shortly) plus iv been lucky to pick up some jobs on the side, things will turn around for you bud, keep your head up

12. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    times are tight everywhere,and almost everyone is tightening up on spending. However,look at it like this,with only 3 miles to the lake and obviously you already have a fishing licence,so whats the cost of your going to the lake? about a dollar worth of gas if that,find your own bait,grasshoppers,worms,whatever,catch some fish and put a nice fish dinner on the table,food is expensive at the grocery store so you are actually saving money and your sanity at the same time. If the wife is upset about you fishing instead of say looking for work,there is always saturday and sunday,as far as I know nobody takes applications on the weekend or at night,if she's still working,take over the household duties during the week,cleaning,cooking,laundry,etc,if you don't know how ask her to show you! I'll bet you,that if you do this your weekend and evening fishing will saved,and your sanity at the same time! just keep the wife happy,you don't have anything else going on on anyway right? Keeping your head above water is as much a state of mind as it is good old fashioned work and making do. Hate to see anybody hurting,I've been there myself,the old saying is that when life hands you lemons make lemonade,use your head and you'll fiqure it out. DO NOT let yourself get depressed and sit around moping,it won't get you anywhere,and can finish a marriage real quick,stay positive!

13. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i figure if im only going out 1 more time i might as well make it worthwhile and hit tappen this saturday. not sure yet but hope it works out

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    When one door closes, another will open. Keep the faith!

Bill in SC

15. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Rick, at 59 I've seen enough swings in good/bad luck that I'me here to tell you to hang in there, things will turn around. Like somebody has already said, use what resources that you have at your disposal: you can catch brim for bait with worms, crickets or hoppers. Yesterday a buddy caught a 33# flat with a small brim head that I never would have thought would have gotten the attention of such a large fish. If not going fishing will bring some peace to your home, then you've got other issues unrelated to fishing! We all need to do something that brings us individual peace, and if fishing is yours I'm sure your wife won't begrudge you a little fishing time. Bottom line - hang in there work on those things that are in your control :big_smile:

16. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    if she only "begredged" it i could deal with that. she says it is my mistress. i knew i was going out a bit too much but what do ya do? i can only pace the floor soo many times. if she had a passion she would understand. its hard to justify spending the evening at the lake when a week of job seaches yields nothing. figure 1 more time out and i will call it a year. once spring comes round she will be ready for more bass and crappie so i will get a pass till i start cattin again.