Its over, Favre not coming back

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Mi11er, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
  2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    just my .02 he should of ended his carrer in greenbay years ago when he said he was going to.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I agree 100%. No ending it in Green Bay tarnished his career

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    I think the same thing, i thought he was a great player till he left greenbay to cont to play, all he ended up doing is losing the "great all time" and makein a fool out of himself

5. peechykeen10

peechykeen10 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    AP still might be the number 1 pick in the fantasy polls, but he sure as hell won't be as productive with Sage or T-Jack in the backfield. There's going to be 8 defenders in the box trying to stop AP allll game :big_smile:

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    no doubt he is a great player just would of looked better ending his carrer with greenbay didnt help his stats cont on like he did

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thank god the Favre saga is over!!! :crazy: Maybe the sports writers can now find something worthwhile talking about! :wink: Favre had a great career but didn't know when it was time to hang it up!

8. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    cant blame the guy for wanting to continue to play he was still capable of playing and playing well maybe not as good as he was but he could still get the job done

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's good that he finally realized he was too old to play! I just didn't want Brett Farve to go out and retire with crappy stats like Dan Marino and Johnny Unitas did at the end of their careers.

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wished he would have stayed retired when he left Greenbay. Have to admit that he was one good quarterback in the day.

11. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    The Jets were 4-12 the year prior to Farve, they went 9-7 with him. The Packers were 13-3 Brett's last year they went 6-10 last year. I'd say the Packers were idiots for not taking him back last year. I don't think he tarnished his career any. He was always a high risk QB who threw a lot of interceptions, and made a lot of head scratching plays. I don't blame him for wanting to keep playing as long as he thought he was capable, it's his life.

12. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    Brett talked to a friend of mine last week said he was looking forward to doing something unusual this year Early fall whitetail hunting he said we were gonna get tired of him he was gonna visit so much this year he hunted with us 3 days on a make a wish hunt this past janurary He is a great guy when away from it all

13. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Farve turned from one of the best to a drama queen.

14. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    your serious??:confused2: any of you who are against favre, have you ever done something or had something you loved doing so mkuch and your body slowly telling you its over?? its HARD to let go of a sport tHat your good at when your not ready!! yeah he has alot of ints but thats why he also had alot of TDs , and really he only had a few weeks to get on the same page as his WRs!! i will say that favre was and would have been better than at least 20 of the starting qbs in the nfl!!

15. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Couldnt have said it better....Gotta love Brett Damn good player and guy. He will be missed.:sad2:.......
    Maybe Micheal Vick will go to the Vikings.:cool2:

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Favre will be back to someone mid season...He is to much of a media hound not to.

I used to like Bret, but after all of this stuff for the last couple years I really could not care less about him.

17. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    i disagree about the media attention- he is one of the biggest names in the last 20 years to play football, so anytime he does anything the media will be there!! i saw a post somewhere that you were gonna quit fishing and thought and thought about it and decided to keep going and doing what you love!! Its the same thing with him!! he doesnt see it as a job or work -its his life!! i have been playn softball for 13 years and up until last summer usually played 4 days a week,every week from march till nov. I loved it and still do but decided the knees and back are getting too stiff. Gave it up after one night this spring, but i find myself still getting calls to play and i really want to and as a matter of fact im playing a tourny this weekend. I really dont want to let go and i understand on a much smaller scale exactly what brett is thinking because once you give it up for a while your conditioning and body gets even worse and prevents ever coming back!! :cool2: He just wants to make sure he does the right thing !! i work at a place that is a very good place and alot of people have worked there for 30-40+ years and wont retire for shit, when you ask some people they would say its because its all theyve known for 40 years and they are scared to leave!! I know that may seem, wierd to some but since ive been there ive seen 20 people finally retire even though they could have ten years ago, and have seen 10 of them die within 6 months of retiring!! i guess thats why they dont want to retire!! lol but seriously:crazy:

18. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    thank god I couldn't watch favre have another season like last year. I love the guy but it was definitly time to hang it up. Everybody has to come to that point.

19. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Looks like Brett is back, good for him.

20. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ