1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Dateline James river. Time 3:30am EST. Rod loads up and its runnin up river with the current. My partner on Randy's boat gets the rod outa the holder. OH BABY! Randy is positive this is the one. Get the other lines in and pull up anchor is the order of the moment. We gotta gain line on this bad boy. Mission accomplished in 20 seconds or less. My buddy in the meantime is givein a valient effort but no results. He just can't turn it and its peelin line. Randy manuvers the vessel with the skill of capt Kirk himself. We are gainin on it. We get on top of it and now it just refuses to come up off the bottom. Randy's custom built rod by his own hand is doubled over and the knots on the gear are holdin up. Good golly miss molly! Is the net gonna be big enough if we get this sucker up. Finally we have the upper hand and it starts to come to the surface. The anticipation is peaking. The high fives and the hugs are flowin. We are all actin like this was our first date and we got lucky. Finally it breaks the surface!!!! ITS ITS ITS! An 8 foot "HOOP NET" Dang thing musta been rollin down the river and decided to latch on to one of our poles while we were anchored up. LOL! This thing was huge. It had about 2 dozen cats in it from 1 to 5 pounds. LOL! We were all howlin by this time. We figured that after that fite it was comein in the boat one way or another and it did. Heres a few pics of what we all thought was the one dreams are made of. ENJOY!

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow thats crazy 2 dozen fish at one time must be some kind of record.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Dang, what an insane story!! You must have been scratching you head after that one :smile2: Thanks for story

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Did someone say fish fry @ Georges house?

Richard

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Nice haul, blows away the stringer I caught once with 2 catfish on it, lol.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Big George, thats a nice mess of cats.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Geo leave it to you Josy boys to do something like that.:smile2: I'd say that was the catch of the day. Was the net still in good shape? Looks like it .

8. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Ain't that some S#IT!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Now that is a crazy story! :eek:oooh: I bet the odds of hitting the lottery are as good as catching that hoop net! :smile2:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Great shape. Nothin that a good hosein down won't cure. LOL!

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    George, that's the gift that just keeps on giving!!

12. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I'd bet if you contacted the local DNR, they would classify that one as a WORLD RECORD "hoop cat"!

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks for the pics. I wish people would be more responsible with their nets. Were any of the fish alive to be released?

I know of some gill nets that have gotten away from people. Think about it. 50-100ft of net floating down the river, only to entangle fish for who knows how long. One guy pulled one up and it was loaded with dead fish.