It's Official

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by SkipEye, Aug 9, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I will be in OKC attending a class for work from October thru Thanksgiving, 6 weeks total.

Not sure if I am bringing my boat as I don't know where I would store it. Don't know anything about fishing in Oklahoma.

I am hoping to get togethers with some BOCCERS while I am in town for some catfishin'.

Thanks

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not sure you need to bring a boat. There's plenty of places to fish here from the bank. If I get my boat back up and running, we might be able to get together for a trip or two. It depends on if my seat comes in and I get it back together before hunting season starts. I'm sure there's plenty of other members with boats that would like company too.

Welcome to Oklahoma and enjoy your stay!

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Darryl, if you want to bring your boat you're more than welcome to keep it at my place...i live 30 miles east of OKC, so it wouldn't be real convenient, but it wouldn't be too bad. at least you would have your boat when you wanted...i can even keep it inside for you.

give us a reminder when you get ready to come....maybe we can go fishing:big_smile:

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Where is the school? Do you have a place to stay?

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Albert, I'll be in southwest OKC and will be renting an apartment on per diem for the duration.

It's likely that I will have several more schools after that. Unfortuneately most in the winter, some in early spring though.

Sure would like to chase some of them big blues and also learn how to fish for flatties.

6. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    When you find yourself with a couple of days off and nothing to do, gimme a call and make your way east on I-40 about 2 1/2 hours to the Gore/Webbers Falls exit and go north to Gore. We'll see if there's any blues left in the river. I'm not the best source for flathead info, though. All of the flats that I boat are accidental bycatch while targeting blues. I can't help it if the flathead like the same places as blues...

7. Mrs SkipEye

Mrs SkipEye New Member

State:
    Winfield, Misso
    I will miss you while you are gone and will look forward to a fishing trip when you get back home. :big_smile:

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    She's a KEEPER!

So Keeper happy!:wink:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :cool2:With this knocking at his door I expect Darryl to be missing some classes. It will also make it hard for him to fully concentrate on his studies. The best of luck to you. Just having some fun.:smile2:

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd DEFINITELY have to find a job that kept me closer to home!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

11. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Darryl, There are a lot of us who fish most all year long (I Do)We have some awesome Fishing here in Ok so we will see ya when you got down here,Just let us know:cool2: