It's Official!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bownero, Dec 25, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Looking outside this morning and we got our Christmas wish!! A very White Christmas!! With the exception of blowing snow and white out conditions. My a$$ is going nowhere, because of major drifts on the snow routes. Looking like our Christmas dinner will be postponed until Sunday. At least, until, the streets are cleared. Reminds me of the winter of 1983. Takes me back when we had 14 days straight of temps below zero and major winds and major snow, with a ice storm too. Electricity was off for 10 days straight!! Hoping we don't have to deal with that any more!!

Just be safe out there and wishing all of the members a very Merry Christmas!! HO HO HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Sounds like fun. Merry Christmas!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Wish we had some, maybe not that bad..:wink:

Stay warm....Merry Christmas!

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thats to much snow!!!! Its 49 degress here and rainning lots of it too...

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We got it too mark but i certainly didn't wish for it. I was in Little Rock at my stepsons house and the evening news said 10" in my neck of the woods. We made a break for it and came home. What is normally a 4 hr. drive took about 7. Seen numerous wrecks and got sideways a time or two myself.:eek:oooh: Merry Christmas everybody and hopefully this storm will pass.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Mike!! I tried blowing the snow your direction, but my lips froze shut!! LOL!! just kidding!! I'm planting my butt right here and watch the boys play with the presents they got!! Spoiled little monsters!! LOL!! gotta love it!! wouldn't have it any other way!!

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'll trade you right now!!:smile2: 7 deg. right now with 30mph winds!! With gusts as high as 40mph. Wind chill values at -17 below. BRRRR!! 1/4 mile visibilty at the most. 4 wheel drive stuck in front of our house. LOL!! NO it isn't mine.:smile2:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow,,,The weather in Northern Indiana is 42 degree's,,, and that's on the shores of Lake Michigan,,,,,,I hope all our ice and snow melts,,, then we can start all over with a clean slate.

9. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That sounds like a cold cold...:roll_eyes:

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Talked to my sister today, Interstate closed at I-29 and I90, kids couldn't get home, no out of towners at Mom's Christmas eve, getting lots of snow, not real cold yet, has been colder last week. slippery expectin 20" or so of snow. One email I got said Santa been delayed and sister's boyfriend wanted to get there to carve the ham and take the bone for soup. Well, I rekon all is well he proposed to my sister, I think she said yes. And he has a boat and likes to fish.

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    kind of makes you re-think this global warming thing doesnt it. :eek:oooh: