It's Official: Lowrance Side View Introduced

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Grimpuppy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
  2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sure is NICE. Bet it cost a BUNDLE! :eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh:

Bill in SC

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jay thanks for sharing the great news.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Now we just have to wait till July...

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Only thing I don't like is the needed additional transducer.

I wish they would rework it like HB does with an all in one capability.

Will be interesting to see how it compares....

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    And if I read it correctly, July is not when it will be available, July is when they are going to let us know the date that it will be available :embarassed:

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I think that was part of the work around of the HB patent. I think the main jist of the HB patent is a single transducer that looks both ways and down.

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thanks Jay. I'm glad I decided to wait till later to do my upgrade. My plans are the HDs10 or HDs8 for the console and a hds7 or hds5 up front.

Chris

9. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Unfortunately, I had to install the high speed transducer on my bird b/c I would lose bottom @ about 20 MPH. I think a lot of other have had the same problems. Thus, I don't really mind the two transducer issue b/c I am already dealing with it.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: I am just looking forward to having Lowrance's 2d sonar back.

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Scott,

What I was saying on another thread about Lowrance V.S. HB, many people prefer the 2D from Lowrance.

I would like to see a Lowrance HDS 10 with broadband in action....

When you get one, let me know so I can go fishing with you and peep it out :smile2:

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I just recently bought an HDS unit and was already thrilled with the performance and now this is just the iceing on the cake:tounge_out: Now I dont feel so torn about not having SI.

12. stringbean

stringbean New Member

State:
    va
    i have a lowrance lcx27c and when in shallow water ten feet and under the screen clutters up really bad and cant tell whats what on the screen would like to know how to go about fixing or setting up to fix this problem

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You should be able to reduce the sensitivity and clear it up. There's also a setting for surface noise reduction, or something like that, I think, that may help.

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The new update coming out for humminbird. I hear will give our 2d a boost where its just as good as Lowrance is. But for me my 987c-SI shows all that I need.
    Here is the HB 2d tracking my bait and a fish hitting.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Sidescan/may2007017.jpg
    Here is a drop with lots of fish, they were catifsh as I caught blues out of it after finding it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Sidescan/shilohhole.jpg
    With the unit set up right. You even can get the clutter just like Lowrance.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Sidescan/pickwicklake005redo.jpg
    I got to do a test last year with a High end Lowrance side by side. We drifted with the boats tied to each other. Mine was showing more fish (That we were catching then his Lowrance did) while his screen was just clutter.
    But I do hear when we update our units we can have all the clutter we won't also.
    I will say I am happy to see Lowrance to come out with there own. Now the fun starts. AS both sides will be adding more stuff to beat out the other.:cool2:
    My unit even on SI will track the bottom at 30 MPH. Its taken lots of adjustments but it does it.:smile2:
    Pete