It's official: Jake Delhomme can screw up a wet dream.

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    5 interceptions and a fumble. What a patheitc showing.

So, enough about Jake. My question to John Fox and Jeff Davidson; why weren't Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart running the ball more??? After the first drive, you'd have thought that even though Arizona made a few adjustments, that an offense built on running the football, would....y' know, RUN THE FREAKING FOOTBALL!!! Sure, take a shot down the field every once in awhile, but Dealgelo Williams is your bread and butter. Jonathan Stewart, Jeff Otah, Jordan Gross represent draft picks spent on running the football.

"But Arizona stopped the running game." is what the talking heads will claim tomorrow morning. To that claim I must disagree. Think back to the Monday Night game against Tampa Bay; no huge gains through the first three quarters which would appear to have "shut down the run game", then, as the fourth quarter moved along, suddenly they had 300 yds. My point being; you have to have patience with the running game if you want it to work. Let all of those first round draft picks go out there and beat on some D lines.

It wasn't Jake's night, but then again, the game shouldn't have ever been in his hands in the first place.

Congrats to all you Cardinals fans! No sour grapes here, good luck in the NFC championship game.

Jon

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    That was one of the all-time worst playoff performances by a QB I have ever seen! :crazy: Those interceptions were just horribly thrown balls! :eek:oooh:

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    I AGREE BUT I THINK ONCE THEY GOT PAST HALFTIME THEY HAD TO THINK PASS 75 PERCENT OF THE TIME!! IT WAS A LARGE DEFICIT BUT QB PLAY IS WHAT LOST THAT GAME!!

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that was a great defencive game by a team not known to have even a decent defence. I know the cards scored 30+ points but it was still a defencive game. Once again defence wins.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Jake did mess things up but still have to give credit to the Cardinals just like.