It's official, cabin fever has hit me.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jan 2, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I get cabin fever bad every winter, and it started today...I just spent a few hrs online looking for all the new gear I want, but dont need..It's gonna be a long winter!

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It wouldn't be so long if you didn't go into hiding and fished w/ us some! :wink:

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    very very true on that very long winter. just waiting on a a day over 40 to go out and throw out a line

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Easy, take a deep breath. Get ALL your tackle an scatter it across the kitchen table and floor.Tinker with this stuff till ya get her fumin mad. Next, put the ear muffs on your boat and run it next to the house while your wife is relaxing or takin a nap. A day or so of this and you'll either be forced to return to the water,,,,or perhaps committed to the ICU in the local hospital. :eek:oooh:

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    This is one of the BIG reasons i took up hunting recently. I got so bored during the winter, and my wife got really tired of me bugging her:roll_eyes:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    You guys got them Blue Cats in the Ohio River! If I lived in Ohio I would be chasing them guys right now! :cool2: Jack if you get cabin fever too bad, write us a H2O Mellon story! :big_smile: :wink:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    LMAO! :smile2: :0a1: :smile2:

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Watch out for that ebay deal. I have been stuck mostly in the house since the cut me back open in November. I have spent a fortune on new fishing and camping gear, on that darn Ebay.

Just went to town for a minute, and had to be in 4 wheel the whole way. Snowing like crazy, zero visability, and 11 degrees. Filling my truck up, I was hoping to get back home safe and sit in front of the wood stove.

You can clean up all your fishing stuff. Make lots of sinkers. Sit and watch it snow. Watch Jerry Springer. LOL LOL Or my favorite is eat a big meal and catch a nap in the recliner. lol

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Cabin fever has been tearin me up for a couple months now.I do not do cold weather,I use to be ok but the last couple years have been pounding me hard so I put the boat up.Supose to be in the 50* friday so I think me and Sporticus1 might go out see if we can find a hole hes got cabin fever to.I feel yer pain fellas expecialey this break when Mama and all the kids are home to.I need a padded room and white suite:wink:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack cabin fever hits most of us every winter. I use this time to clean reels, rods. tie leads,make sinkers and etc. I still get cabin fever but this helps.:smile2:

11. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Temp here was 13 degrees last night, a few of us were at the lake fishing all night. We set up a tarp shelter, fired up a fish cooker for heat inside the shelter and built a good fire outside. Cooked a hot meal, fished and bs'd the night away. Caught a few Blue cats all under 10lbs and we all had a good time, no cabin fever for us. :big_smile:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well You see I would go fishing with Mellon...HOWEVER!!!!! The last time out he dang near killed me in his boat, and now with the friged water temps I know I would be a gonner!!

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Griz you are just to tough. My old bones cry out for heat and more heat.Glad you had a great time.

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm switching over to carp for the winter, however work is the busiest this time of year, @^%$#. Cant win for losing. :confused2: