It's like night and day! What is your prefered fishing times?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SangamonCatKiller, Jan 23, 2006.

1. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    I was just wondering what everyone preferred when it comes to fishing times. Do you like going out and hitting the fish at dusk or dawn. Personally, I prefer dusk. I for one am not a morning person so I couldn't tell you exactly how good the fishing may be in the early morning.

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    ive always like getting out around 3:00am and head home around 12

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    As long as I'm fishin with a friend, it don't matter.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Depends on time of year.

In the summer my lake is packed, so if I am fishing on a weekend I am out before sunrise and usually off the water by noon. I usually catch most of the fish by 10:00am or so.

Summer nights can be awesome, especially during the week when the lake is not crowded. I have had some really good runs between 1:00am and 3:00am.

Winter usually has me out from noon til dark. I just can not seem to get on to a worthwhile bite early, and I would assume the temperature has a lot to do with that.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    My time to catch cats is when ever I on the water. I catch cats at all times when I'm out. Also like cathunter said, when ever your out with good friends.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I like the early morning the best.....around 4am.:)

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    evening by far for most of the year. Have had some great days cattin though

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    depends on what time of the year/ type of cats im after. for channels i prefer from morning to the middle of the day. they are so much easier for me to find during daylight hours, at night they tend to scatter. not that i cant find them but they are more concentrated during the day. for flats i like to get to wherever im fishing about 4-5 hours before dark and stay till 2 or 3am, unless i do an all-nighter. on the bodies of water i fish in late spring/summer/late summer with stable weather ive noticed big feeding periods for flats between 4-7pm, 10pm-12am, 1:30-3am, and about 1hr before to 1hr after daybreak. usually im outa there if i dont have any runs after 2am. why these times? im not sure, sometimes i think its the lunar/solar influence, but i began to notice a few years ago a correlation (did i spell that right?) between these times and slight pressure rises. when your in a stable weather patern the heating/cooling of the earth at different times of the day causes barometric pressure fluctuations.

9. Carwash

Carwash New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I catch more fish between 3am and 10 am. When fishing at our spillway and fishing on top, it ends after the sun gets on the water. If its deeper water I think they bite at different times all day but shallow the sun makes a difference. I can't catch any big blues after 10:00 am. I think they head for deep water, at least at our lake. Anytime is a good time!

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    If I can go Fishing - "All Day & All Night" - I will! (LOL:happy: )

It can be in the Daytime - or Evening - It's All Good to me.
    :0a23:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bert, thats it. Any time is good. I love going to lake where I'm at. Hardly any people and some nice fishing.

Winter time I dont stay much past dark, unless I'm camping. Spring summer fall. Best biting times for me is dusk and later. I like PM better than AM but both I have had good fishing. At dusk where I fish, the sun sets straight across the lake. I like that the best. I like getting to lake early afternoon, setting up, little bait catching time, get some wood up for a fire, relax, get ready for sun set. Cool watching and fish on. When camping I'm up and ready both sundown and sun raise. Am fog on the water is cool. :)

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27: with you 100% on this one. I'm the same way! :0a23:

Take It Easy Buddy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

13. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anytime I can get away and get a line in the water.

14. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usually catfish right at sunrise until maybe 11 o'clock a.m. and then going back out at 4p.m and fishing maybe an hour or two past dark.

15. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'll fish at any time of the day as long as the water is wet.:) Early morning or late evening seems to be more productive.
    I fish during daylight mostly to accommodate friends or to scout out new areas that I can return to in the darker hours.The rivers keep changing after each hard rainfall and it lets me check both old and new spots in the daylight.

BILL

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I prefer night fishing the most, although I am a sleepy head, and don't last much past midnight:eek: About an hour before full dark, I like to be at my spot, and then I just sit, wait, and think or talk with whomever my partner is that night. For me, I've discovered that fishing is the way I can connect and relax with nature and the fish. The catching of them has become secondary to the act of actually doing it. Most times, I catch nothing, now and again I'll actually get a bite, and almost never do I catch something. Through all this, I never give up, and I get an incredible amount of pleasure watching the twins catch everything they can.;)

I have had some wonderful 70 degree afternoons sitting on my favorite little pier, in the shade catching gill and rock bass, though. :)

17. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Thats a great question. I have seen some evenings, I did all my catching before midnight. Some nights I don't catch anything till 4am. When I go, I usually go for the duration of the night.

18. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    The perfect time is all the time of course. But seriously in the summer time I realy like going at dusk till far into the night. But also will fish early in the morning before sunrise till about 9 in the morning. The family life dictates what time I get out to fish, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In the spring I do just as good during the day as I do night fishing. come summer I do better at night..Fall is a toss up.

20. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Normally during the winter months we'll fish mostly in the daytime. About mid-April we start night fishing. A typical weekend for Bob and I is to head out right after work on a Friday and fish til about 1AM or so. Then Saturday we'll usually head out about 3 or so and get bait, then fish til we're too tired to fish anymore. Usually around 1 or so. The hotter it is, the later we go out. Night fishing is my favorite. The river has a whole new personality after dark to me. And I don't have to worry about the pics having any background in them either. LOL Saves the trouble of obliterating them before posting them. LOL Just kidding. LOL