It's Going To Be 105 Today

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by lawnman61, Jul 17, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    They said this morning that it was going to be 105 degrees today with HTI (Heat Temp index) of 109 to 111. :sad2:
    I think I'll try to fry that egg outside today. :smile2:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Look at the bright side, you are saving gas if cooking with gas stove by using the sun. LMAO

It is hot all over brother, this heat is unbearable.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was 111 degrees inside the factory where I work yesterday, gonna be worse today:sad2:

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    101 in Tulsa with a Heat index of 110

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Annnnnddddd We cant get a lick of rain here in Texas lol.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Today: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 101. Heat index values as high as 106. East southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
    This is todays forcast and it doesnt lok much better for the rest of the week. Flathuinter I feel for you brother thats hot!

7. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep and the Amana man is up in my attic as I type. The house is 6 months old and this is his 4th visit. They can't find the leak, but think the siding guys clipped a line with a nail. Gonna start ripping off siding soon. Heat index should only heat 104 today.

8. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Gonna be 100 here today in Lakeview, Arkansas. Natives in the area said that this is VERY unusual weather temps for our area in July.

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm glad you made that clear...............I thought you said your wife was 105 today...LOL...LOL

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Was 105 yesterday and will be today! Yesterday it went from 65 to 105 in one hour!

11. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I work nights so that's when I fish. Stays nice n cool without that bright, gleaming orb of burning, searing heat above the horizon.

12. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    wait till global warming really kicks in and its 130 with a heat index of 140 then you can tell me how it doesnt exist:cool2:

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I am sure it was well over 110 here in Yuma, Az. today. I was on the rifle range here and I am sure that it was probably hotter out there. I was guzzling down gatorade and canteens of water like it going out of style! I love going to the range...where else can I get paid to shoot an M-16 all day? But dang, it was just too hot!!!

14. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    It was supposed to be 100 today here in Lakeview, but it only got to around 97.

Tomorrow forcast predicts another 100 day. We'll see. Still pretty hot and totally unseasonable for July.

15. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Fished Monday on Lake Houston, got up to 95. Caught 9 cats between 10 am and 3 pm, one large drum. Don't know why, but often do well during the midday heat on channels, both fishing about 10 ft and fishing with a float about 3 ft down. No big ones, but good eaters.

16. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    better fish from inside today Al, that sounds like heat stroke.