Its getting wet in Texas!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by james, Jan 22, 2006.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    walked out of work today seen something diffrent....RAIN.!!!... !!been over a month but its finaly here. :0a20:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad y'all are getting the rain, James. I know you need it out that way, and maybe it'll help some with the wildfires.

3. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey James,
    Rain here too,its been a light rain,but its been pretty steady all morning.We'll take what we can get!Hopefully it will do this all day.
    Ernie

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    We got a heavy rain last night and been going good off and on all day. I almost had to go play it, this morning. Man, we sure need it. Sounds like we may have more coming this Thursday. Keep praying for more guys!

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    T-bone, it's been raining all day! We have an inch already and it's still come down!:thumbsup:

6. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Happy to hear yall are getting some rain down there too. It has been raining here in McAlester all day long although it seems to be tapering off now. Hope it keeps on coming because we need lots of it!

7. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    MAN GUYS IT MISSED US AGAIN WE DIDNT GET ANYTHING HERE, ALMOST NO MOISTURE THE WHOLE WINTER. I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE GOING TO DO., HAY HAS JUMPED UP LIKE CRAZY AND ALOT OF THE LOCAL FARMERS ARE HAVING TO TRAVEL TO GET IT FOR THEIR LIVESTOCK I CANT EVER REMEMBER A WINTER THIS DRY AND WINDY IN ALL MY LIFE AND EVEN HEARD THAT FROM SOME OF THE OLD TIMERS.:sad:

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Been raining here for two days now....Man we sure did need it too.

I hope it continues to rain for a few more days, as it's really dry around here..

Maybe we all will get enough rain to do some good..

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    We got some really heavy rains here in Lewisville about 1:00am its been on and off since about 7:00am now if it would just last a couple more days:0a17:

10. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Glad to hear you guys are getting rain. I know from reports that it has beem really rough for you all.

11. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    bearcat, thanks for asking. The wild fires were out of control here in texas and oklahoma. My rain gauge tonight was at 1 1/2 inches! :)

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Glad ya'll got some, wish we woulda gotten some rain. I've about forgotten what rain feels/looks like. Tulsa seems to keep missing it. Over and over and over.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Still raining here in Lewisville hope all this rain stops all these grass fires last i heard on the news over 455,000 thousand acres have burned

14. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Went out to the barge last Saturday....kids wanted to soo I did. Sure was glad that I did. I watched the best sky show.....Lightning all over the place with thunder rolling. It was wonderful! Started to rain around 12:15am, and I was outside in it! Never had rain felt so good. By the time I went inside the barge it was pouring down! Wonderful Wonderful rain.

It's suppose to rain again Thursday, so I'm praying with all my heart for more rain. We sure do need it....saw a horrible grassfire not this weekend, of course, but the last weekend. Could see from the east side of the Fishing barge.

Was so good to wake up Sunday and see that rain coming down.

15. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    we need for it to rain for a couple days straight. Yall do any good at the barge?

16. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas

Just caught two cats, other than that nothing. Not even a crappie.

17. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Boys,
    Got about 2 inches of rain so far,ya'll getting rain too?
    Ernie

18. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    3/4" last night and thats it for a week or so...Wind is picking up to DRY things out AGAIN:sad:

19. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Heard here in Lewisville we got 1 1/2 inches of rain sure needed it but more of it seen in the Dallas mornin news there was a picture of Lake Lavon sure wasn't a pretty sight

20. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Carthage got about one inch. The river is up some and Toledo came up six inches. One are two more ramps open becaused of last weeks rain and this one. Still very very low water conditions here. The White bass are started up the river, they are full of eggs.
    Joseph