its getting that time again

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Mar 15, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    water should be getting warmer soon and the bassers should be taking their lures out in open waters.... leaving my honey hole ( or i should say ) honey cove for the catters

I GOT 2 GIANT PALES OF THE PREMO AND PLENTY OF HOOKS,SINKERS AND BBG :wink:

i havent been on latly cause i got my car permit and im going back to take my motorcycle permit next week

im lucky to have parents who would by their son a 1982 HD sportster at 15
    they got so much crap for buying me one and their responce is "ITS CHEAPER THAN BAIL MONEY,LAYWER FEES,AND ASPRIN "

I HAVE SOME PICTURES IF ANY OF YALL WANT TO SEE IT

THANKS FOR VIEWING YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats, please wear a helmet at all times......

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I HATE HELMETS THOUGH

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good for you Leroy, just be carefull on the bike and do wear your helmet, it could save your life! Are you taking the class from the ADOT? it is good to take it if you can, they help you with a lot of things you may not know or realize as a new rider.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey sleekcraft, please wear a freaking helmet. and not a brain-bucket like most of the "cool riders" wear. i cant tell you how many people i know of that get seriously hurt or killed by not wearing a helmet or wearing an inappropriate style of helmet. i have had many Marines who think they are big and bad wind up dead because they thought they knew how to ride better than they actually did. broken bones heal, scars look cool, but its not to cool when the Highway Patrol has to scrape your grey matter up with a spatula. think about it, and be careful out there. 90% of all motorcycle accidents that occur are because other drivers didnt see the riders and pulled out in front of them or veered in front of them.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    sleekcraft, gonna tell you a true ongoing story. my friend was about 350 lbs, belonged to the heshions (spelling) club near mission viejo, ca. he was a bad dude. rated way up in this outlaw club. about 40 yrs old. had to wear one of those beani caps they came up with and said was legal. hated helmets. one day, a car pulled out in front of him going over hwy 74 towards lake elsinore,ca. (just a short run for him.) he swerved to miss the car. (this was back in, i believe, about 1984 or so) not sure of date now so long ago. i visit him everytime i can. he now weighs around 140lbs, and had mind of a 9-11 yr old, depending on how calm he is. skulls don't bounce well off hard objects.
    i know you're gonna do what you want, and see all the guys riding in az without helmets. but think of these things.
    1. how well do you love your folks?
    2. how well do you love your girlfriend?
    3. how well do you want to keep loving them?
    you never know. may not be your fault.
    sorry about lecture, but helmets are touchy with me.
    gary

7. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

DONT wear a half helmet ! Get a good full coverage helmet.
    I hated helmets too until my head smacked the asphalt going 60.
    When I see people not wearing helmets it makes me think....'' They must have a spare brain at home , just in case the one they arent using gets damaged"....?
    Wear the helmet ! Use your head now....or lose your brain later ! Dont worry , If you get your brains damaged your really cool parents will probably change your diapers for the rest of your life as a halfwit vegetable ??? Think about it...k ?
    BTW...all 3 of my motorcycle wrecks were not my fault. 2 were from debris on corners ( gas/oil ).....the 3rd was an idiot that hit me from the rear.
    I woke up screaming in the ER and things are still very bizzar 20 later.....Wear a full coverage helmet , not a cool looking half helmet.
    Oh...did I mention....wear your helmet ???
    I think you might understand now ?

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Where are the pictures?!?!?!?!:confused2:

9. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    cool deal on the bike,

i was lucky enuff to get a street bike at 16. if you make it to the az/cal gathering, I'll show you some scars..... I wish i had worn the right gear then.

now i never get on a bike with out it. I was lucky only some broken bones and rash.... if I had had the gear on....maybe a few bruises...

k, enuff with the that...

be safe and just figgure they(the cars) want to kill you and you should be ok.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well after i put this post on here i went on a different local site and i found the helmets rated for crashing
    went down to the harley shop and they ordered it for me "Im sure it is rated for crash impact because it was $350 should be here sometime next week

this is the current look of my scooter ( current cleaning polishing and replacing)
    not bad for being a Freshman in highschool :)

Attached Files:

11. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    ur new ride looks sweet....enjoy

12. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice looking ride Leroy. by the way, cost of helmet doesn't mean as much as that little sticker that says DOT approved. sure it is though. good luck with it and be safe. can't wait for first picture of you coming back from lake with catfish hanging from it. :0a18:
    gary

13. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    No kidding, Ive thought about how cool it would be to take my pole and cast net and fish for like a 1.50 instead of the 20 bucks it takes to get my Jeep to the lake. Im too chicken.

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice looking bike, seems in good shape. Good for getting the helmet.

15. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Don't understand why AZ dumped the helmet law, remember they were one of the first states to impose it back in the late 70's, remember the Hells Angel's coming into Parker for the spring break and the law messed with them big time cuz they thought they were to bad to ware them

So Leroy hows the premo workn up on the lake? Dude on that premo get you some Looper rigs with the kayle hooks I'll bet you'll like em

o-ya nice ride, not to sure its a cool ride though, cuz come summer time its not going to be to cool lol:eek:oooh:

16. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I can tell you, Dale, that back when they were reconsidering the infringement of personal liberty that mandatory helmet laws represent, there was a more conservative view point in Az. I was an Arizona resident at that time and very active in politics.
    I personally spent 20 minutes in a private conference with then Governor Bruce Babbitt in an effort to convince him to sign the repeal. Shortly afterwards he did sign it.
    It is however still in effect for those under the age of 18.
    There are plenty of reasons to choose not to wear a helmet, each person should be allowed to evaluate the pros and cons of helmet use.
    To wear or not to wear a helmet should be a personal choice.
    "Let Those Who Ride Decide".

17. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Please do yourself a favor and wear it always. I lost a couple of friends when I lived in Cali that would have only been hurt but because of not wearing a helmet they didn't make it.:wink: