Its getting sad folks - bank fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, May 23, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Now dont go taking this the wrong way, its great that people are out enjoying the sport of fishing and even more important teaching the children and passing down what we know to the next generation.But folks when it gets to the point where you cant even find a spot to put your lines in theres a problem.I went fishing today and had to go to TWO different bodys of water before i could even find a spot from the bank to get my poles in.Im talking shoulder to shoulder from one side to the other.The other spot bank spots are limited and people were actually arguing about throwing over each other.Anymore if you dont have a boat you dont have alot of options,i dont know if its more people fishing,or less places to fish or what the problem is but the problem is out of hand.Anymore if you cant get out during the week you might as well stay home on the weekened if you dont have a boat.Its really frustrating you know? you want to get out and get away and end up in a bigger crowed trying to get your line wet.
    Anyway i just needed to vent a little thanks for letting me.:sad2:

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    It's that way in a boat on the weekends, especially holiday weekends. I have a guide trip tomorrow and I'm dreading it. It's going to be a circus out there, but I need the money.

3. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    thats why i like weekdays, not near as many people. here in kansas there is plenty of water, but all the easy access is used up. have you ever tried google earth, lots of water with just a little walkin.

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I'm glad that we don't have that problem here in Okla. Sometimes below the dams it gets crowded, but on the lakes and rivers here in NE Okla you can find plenty of places to fish.

5. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Be careful some of those idiots will run over you.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We dont have that problem yet and hope we never will . Below the spillway at Carlyle lake gets a little thick at times .

7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I know where you are coming from. I gave up fishing in the daylight
    because of Bass tournaments, crowded landings and jet skis. But now
    they have started having night tournaments. What is a catman to do.

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I got some spots like that too.I,m on disability so I try to hit em on the weekdays if at all possible.Depends on when my backs up to it.The ones I gotta hit on the weekends,I get there early,pick my hole I want and fish for carp til evening.Some spots I won,t even hit until dark due to jetskiers AKA-The scourge of the earth.One of the worst things ever invented IMHO!:eek:oooh:

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I know what your talking about Brother. :confused2:

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I don't even go places like that anymore. I don't fish Friday thru Sunday anymore. I either 4wd drive somewhere or walk down the shore where lazy people wont go. I also fish from 1am on.....most catfishermen are even gone by then.

Sorry you couldn't enjoy your day. Most people will be out this weekend so maybe some catfish on the grill at home might be more fun ; )

You folks be careful out there this weekend.
    -Jim-

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Same thing here, I actually believe our sport has become to popular!

12. freakyfish

freakyfish New Member

State:
    florida
    I feel your pain.I live in Florida and its like that boat or not and day and night.I don't know where they all come from.All over the world I guess.It use to be only crawded during winter months when tourist come up.But now its all year around.Only time to get peace is fishing in the rain.

13. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Welcome to the BOC Brad.

14. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I feel your pain man. Sorry bout your situation. I too have to change my plans come holidays and summer weekends.

15. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I like friday nights. They seem to be a lot less crowded than the rest of the weekend. Or get up early in the morning and go. People don't get toddlers up at 3am to go fish and picnic.

16. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    It's that way in Tx since they made it where you don't have to have a fishing licence in state parks, the pier is so crowded it's almost impossible to cast. We have been getting alot of rain down down here so i've been hitting the creeks up. It's great I catch fish & have it all to myself.