It's finally here part 2

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by robbie, Jul 29, 2006.

1. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    well guys i finally got go run my new 40 e-tec. it is what they say. this motor is real quiet,cheap on gas and it runs! i put the motor on a 16'48" sea ark boat and it handles it great. i have never rode in a jon boat with a 40 that will come out of the hole that fast. if your looking at new motors do your self a favor and look at these motors. the tiller handle has a ignition switch plus the starter button. both will start the engine and if it gets stole it wont start without the key. you cant hot wire it. and i did try out my livewell with 30 nice crappie.

robbie

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I have heard nothing but good things about them. But I have also heard that California has banned the sale of two strokes (I have no actual proof of this) and that more states are going to follow. I just wondered if it would be harder to find a mechanic or even parts if they no longer can sell 2 strokes in my state. Any information on this???

3. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    does any one know how hevy those 40 hp etec are my boat says it well handle 40 hp but ive already added so much weight to it putting a rear deck in it i think a 40hp now would over do it

4. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    the 40 weights about240 pounds.

robbie

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    congrats robbie .............. hope u get many many yrs service !!!!!... hopefully the e tec will change the way gov. looks at 2 strokes,,,,,,,,,, the e tec engines won the emmissions control test last yr .... lowest emissions of any internal combustion engine on the market,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND that includes cars and trucks ....................... first time an outboard has ever even placed or been recognized as a non-polluting engine....................

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad you got to take it out brother, sounds like you had a blast with it.

7. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    my gps says it runs around 33mph with two people and all our gear. they put a 15 pitch prop on it i wish i had them go bigger. and yes im nuts.lol. went out today and caught 10 channels and blues. nothing big just a good mess for supper.