It's dry in Oklahoma - Low water effects on Flathead Catfishing

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Bill D Curtis, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    If we dont get some rain soon here in northern Oklahoma the flatheads are gonna need legs to get around

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    rate we are going, we'll need an ATV to go out on any of the lakes, not a boat

3. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Same here in North Texas, right now I believe we are sitting on 17 inches of rain, when we normally had 53. My local lake is probably only a week or 2 away from being completely unaccessiable for a boat. Right now im wading in 2 foot of water to get out to our boat after we launch it.

4. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I don't know if yall are getting any rain up north or down south of me, but here in McAlester we are getting a good rain right now. Yippeeee.........it has been raining all morning and its not just a sprinkle. I hope it keeps going all day at least. I haven't even heard the weather forecast so I don't know.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    WOO HOO!!!!

It's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring!!!!!!!

Yep, the Tulsa area is getting some very much needed rain!:0a31:

6. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Yep TDawg,
    I got about 2" of rain here!We sure needed it.
    Ernie

7. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Here In Bartlesville, we are getting a much needed rain, still need much more, but alittle is better than none, especially with all the dry pastures here. I went to Lake Copan last weekend, it was way way down. Nothing coming out of the spill way at all, Cotton Creek is also way down, fished for about two hours and not a hit.
    Bob

8. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Birch lake is as low as I have ever seen it....and I have fished this lake my entire life. The places I caught all my flats and channels on limblines are now bone dry. A spot which was 8 foot is dry and I was able to get my hook back that was hung on a log. I'm thinking about going arrowhead hunting on Hula b4 the rains come.

9. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Last season was so dry towards the post spawn(summer) time. We still fished our conventional areas to no avail night after night. This year if summer slows us down I'm sure that I will be looking for some deeper water to fish. Right now they have opened the spillway, allowing the river to reach its normal pool, maybe slightly above. Once they turn it off, you gotta pray for the rain. Especially once the heat surges in....

10. BIGBASS3638

BIGBASS3638 New Member

Low Water Sometimes Gives The Shore Angler The Advantage Of Getting Closer To Dropoffs And Other Key Areas.

11. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Here in Blackwell we got 2/100th of an inch i guess that's better than a stick in the eye lol