Its been hot out, anybody had any luck?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by JakeW, Jul 26, 2006.

1. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    its been unbelievably hot out in July, and i wanted to know if anybody has had any luck out there in local neb. i live in Fremont, and have access to elkhorn and platte rivers and several lakes. i had some luck on crawdads one day. i just dont know what to use when it is this hot, i think maybe the fish are feeding alot more in the middle of the night. the water is probably really warm, so they are waiting even later to feed. anybody else got any theories?

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    your probly right, i have been on the missourri a few times using the same bait the whole time and the only fish we caught were after dark. the platte and elkhorn are so low right now you should be able to wade around and find the deeper holes. anything over 2 feet will harbor fish.

3. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    its a little cooler out today (thurs) and i am gonna head out this evening to try some bluegill in the rivers, either platte or elkhorn. there probably real shallow still, so its just gonna take more brains on my part, which aint good. but i will let you all know how it goes, if anybody care!

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Good luck bro. Let us know how it goes.

SudDawg

5. catcatcher311

catcatcher311 New Member

State:
    Ne
    Hope you catch a biggun!

6. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i just got back from fishing, as soon as i figure out if i was catchin gar or sturgeon, i will let you know. i was hooked into about a 4 to 5 foot whatever it was, that fish rolled and snapped my line. my uncle was with me, he caught about a 2 1/2 to 3 footer also. i am gonna search around right now to figure if it was a gar, cuz sturgeon have a little sucker mouth on the bottom dont they? oh yeah, caught a darn turtle also, but no cats to report at this time.

7. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    its saturday night, still hot out, i am goin back to the river and i will post how we do. i just got back from the lake, caught about 20 bluegill so thats my bait for the night. will post how i do if anybody cares. jake

8. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i just posted this, but will say it again, been about a inch of rain over the past two nights up by dodge-snyder area, that should make the elkhorn go up a little bit around the arlington omaha area. we have had good succes on whole bluegills about 2-3 inches long. good luck ya'll. jake

9. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    the rain brought up the river a lil bit...run set lines been having fair success in the dodge area...using frogs, crawdads, and blueguill....well goodluck...

10. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    hey kyhawk, where you fish at? i have been goin to the river bridge right there past snyder on your way to west point. had fairly good luck in the deep spots. later, Jake

11. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    with all this heat the lakes are drying up.:sad2: :angry:

12. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    anybody been out the past couple of days? its been rainy as hell and i have never had anyluck in the rain. i think its suppose to be wet the next couple of days, but i think after that the fish will be hitting.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I havn't had a bite all season.-------------pk powell:sad2:

14. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    im going fishing at a privite pond. ive been there a lot and my uncle(owner)feeds the fish everyday.

wish me luck:big_smile:

15. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    hey jake, i run setlines on the river bridge right outside of west point...i have a spot where i fish right outside scribner...theres the pebble creek about 3 miles b4 scribner, coming from fremont...you follow the creek about a 1/4 of mile and it goes right into the river and theres a tree hangin over the water, its about a 12-15 foot hole...i've had really good success with blueguills, catchin flathead and channels...i run poles all the way up and down the bank...blueguill seems to be the only thing i've had luck on, tried liver, crawdads, minnows, stinkbait, chubs, but the guills seem to be the thing...i've been catchin them right at dusk till bout midnight...havent stayed out much later then that so not sure how good it is at 12...havent tried it in about 2 weeks but b4 that it was good...if your ever gonna be around maybe we can go give it a shot...email me at kylehawk420@hotmail.com and let me no we can try it...well goodluck hope my info will help you out....kyle....

16. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    went last night to elkhorn by west point...only used liver and caught a 2 lber and that was it...they were bitin ok just didnt get em...thinkn they were pretty small...tried fishin a private lake today and caught a few under a lb so it wasnt that great....but thats my update

17. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    went out around noon just got back caught nothing....a few hits, but really slow...goin to the elkhorn river tonight, gonna try and get some frogs and blueguill...blueguill been realy hard to get...will post how i do...

18. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I got back from Turtle Creek about 8:30 tonight. I was told by a good source they were hitting on cheesey hot-dogs. So, naturally, I had to try it. I only caught a couple of large mouth bass, not of any great size. Pound, to maybe a pound and a halfer. Sprinkled on us of and on most of the time.

19. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i am getting ready to go out fishing this weekend, anybody been having any luck lately. i know the area i live in has be saturated with rain the past 2 weeks or so, which usually makes the water muddier and darker, which usually makes the fish not so active, in my theory. i think bluegill will be my choice of bait. correct me if i am wrong, dead bluegill for channel, live for flathead? love to hear some putback on this subject. thanks. jake

20. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    i once was told by an old tymer that bullheads work great in the muddier water for flathead...cut the spines off n give 'er a shot...well for my report on the last couple days...ha i wanna give up on fishing, its been a joke lately...cant catch a fish to save my butt...well i wont give up but its annoying...well ne one else been havin ne luck???