It's been a while!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by k_ro_jr, Nov 12, 2009.

1. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Hey fellers, it's been a while since I have been on the site. I am uploading some new pics from this summer if yall care to look. I will make a new photo album in my profile. I wished I had some big monsters like some of you guys!!lol

2. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Come to Old Hickory with your noodles and I will show you where the biggens hang out.

3. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Thanks Jugger, I have got to get my boat fixed. It is so hard to steer I can't put it in the water. The steering cable in about 3 to 4 foot to long. It was like that when I bought it, but over the years is has gotten way too hard to steer. I just haven't had time to fix it.

4. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Look at the video that I posted on here it titled jug fishing video, this was last Sat Night over by Camp easter seals.

5. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Some nice fish on the video, looked like a ball!! I grew up fishing, wading, and swimming that whole area. Long branch, cedar creek and what we called river view access which is the boat ramp by easter seal camp, and of course tyree is across the lake from there.

6. festus

festus New Member

Welcome to Catfish1, Kelly. I had the pleasure of staying in Carthage for a few months back in the 1970's. I used to fish Cordell Hull Dam from the bank and had some friends who lived up that way in an A-frame house. Also fished the bank from Bledsoe Creek, my boss lived there in an apartment.

7. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Thanks festus, it's been around maybe 6 months since I have posted on this site. For some reason it's like I am starting all over again? Like everything from the past has been erased? Carthage is a great town I think, pretty country too!

Hey festus, do you walk with a limp?:smile2:

8. festus

festus New Member

No, but I used to. I had a bad ankle for several years, and after I started eating right, exercising, and lost about 75 pounds, I made a miraculous (sp) recovery. :wink:

9. k_ro_jr

k_ro_jr New Member

State:
    Carthage, Tn
    Sorry festus, after seeing your whole name I feel like a dummy. I was refering to the festus on Gunsmoke! Thought that was a screen name.:roll_eyes:

10. festus

festus New Member

It is my screen name, Kelly. Chester was the deputy on Gunsmoke who was predecessor to Festus who walked with a limp. :wink:

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good to here there are some of you new guys fishing my neck of the woods..Its good to hear from some guys familiar with this area..I've only been here a couple years so my familiarity with the area is limited..I'm anxious to hear more.Thanks for sharing all the great stories and awesome videos..