It's been a long time

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, May 14, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    It's been a long time since i've visited the boc. I cant say how happy i am to know the site is going stronger than ever. I've already been fishing for channels out of the holloway dam and have been doing pretty good but the rain has slowed the bite down a little. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with MOTT LAKE in genesse county. I've been hearing about some decent cats being pulled out of there. I need to know where to fish from land and what possible techniques would be good. Any info would be great.....

2. mich dave

mich dave New Member

State:
    Otisville
    I've heard it's good. Ya never see any one fishing it,but maybe from the dock's on Genesee rd. I've been told about a year ago that by the boat launch is a really good spot but ya should be packen some heat after dark! I like to give it a try but the county charges 20 or 30 buck's to launch. I won't be fishing that much this year. Hey I want to hit the bay next week(my boy'sdon't seem to want to fish much)Let me know if ya want to go.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good to hear from you again. I had wondered what happened to you. Good to know you're ok!:wink::big_smile:

4. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    Hello rick
    this is Barry, the guy that was talking to ya at the dam the other night when you where fishing with your buddy that was cat fishing for his first time.

come to think of it we never did introduced our shelfs I by name:smile2:
    I found this link.
    I was over at michigan-sportsman.com for while checking in on the fishing reports.
    how many cats you wind up with the other night? (you had two when i left)
    had a pretty neat time watching ya's catch them.
    I gotta try cat'n one of these days for sure.
    take care
    Barry

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome back Rick, cut bluegill heads always worked good for me on the bigger channel cats

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't stay away for so long. Welcome back Rick.

7. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    :big_smile: Thanxs for the warm welcome back. I wouldnt have been away for so long but sometimes we get caught up in life and its fast pace if you know what i mean. Been struggling to find work and keep things running smooth around the homestead. Keeping my faith in god is the answer though.....take care everyone.

8. xtremecatfishin

xtremecatfishin Member

State:
    Conway Ar
    Hey guys i was just wondering if you knew of any good guides around here near Jackson or Lansing
    thanks

9. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I was born and raised in lansing but havent been around there in a long time. If you want to try some good fishing for cats, i'de look into the grand river, i'ts near downtown. Sorry i couldnt be of more help......