It's almost that time!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by gooboy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    I'm headed to Wyoming next week to harass the marten in Bridger National forest. After I get my marten traps out, gona get a few beaver, coon, and rat sets out down in the valley to keep me busy skinnin'!

Then in December, I got a buddy comming down from West Virginia to run a 3 week river line with me for beaver, coon, otter, nutria, cats, and hogs.

The end of January will find me back in north Mississippi again, working over the coon, beaver, and otter.

Gona finish the season around my house running a creek line out of a small boat for just about anything that's got fur on it.......:big_smile:

So what's yalls plans??????????

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

coons beaver till the water freezes then its off to chaseing bobcats till spring thaw

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Our season doesn't come in until Nov. 10, planning slapping a bunch of fox and yotes sets (snares and traps) out the first week, then coming back the second week for rat coons and mink. Our beaver doesn't doesn't come in until Dec. 26. Just hit it as hard as this old body and hands will take it.

Garry-

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck guys on the trapping. Hope the prices of fur's go up a little. Last year was a bit down.

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

mine isnt till nov 14th but i am all ready getting ready lol

6. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Got a little over a month yet here. Muskrats are gonna be our main target for now. Fox are rather thin or we'd run a bigger line for them. Gonna hit'em('rats) as hard as we can, runs, floats, barricade sets. Hope to cover the gas at least.

7. TJD

TJD New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wish you all a good season.

It looks like the fur here in northern Missouri primed early. I'm old school when it comes to treating traps. But I finished the last of them today. If my work schedule will allow the traps are ready. What this world needs is 20 dollar coons, "I WISH".

Have fun all.