it's almost Mt. island time who's coming

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by bowler man, Oct 10, 2009.

1. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    just curious who all would be there , i am planning on being there :big_smile:

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im going to be there and am looking forward to fishing that lake again. Its been since last years tournament since Ive been there and have wanted to get back but didnt have the time.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Team Green will be there as far as we know.We went up this morning and done some scouting{first time on Lake}ran into Bowyer at the store and he gave a few tips on where to catch bait and such,Thanks for the Info Ken:wink:We were impressed with the layout of the Lake.As far as the Bite,Well?:tounge_out::crazy::big_smile:

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    If we could get a bait man to bring SHAD to the ramp in the morning how many would be interested and how many dozen would you get???

5. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i'd take two dozen

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    2 dozen

7. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Probably 3 dozen for us

8. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    When is the tourney? I'd like to come just to experience this as I've never been to one. Also to fish of course!! If a baitman is gonna be there , I'll purchase 2 dozen , dependent upon size. Anything to avoid driving up to High Rock to buy the bags.

9. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    The tournament is next Saturday the 24th from 7am to 3pm. Its open to all paid members. Membership dues can be paid at sign up ($20) and its $20 per person to fish. Not sure about the bait thing yet, one guy wont be able to do it, its to far of a drive. But we are going to try 1 more and see what he says.

10. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    What do yall guys that fish Mt. Island regular think all this rain is gonna do to the water?Is it gonna muddy up and be real trashy by next weekend?Or does it clear up pretty fast being it is a pretty small lake?I dont mind the muddy water,I just hate all that debris floating by.Either way we will be there,just wondering out loud.:roll_eyes:

11. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I have fished it about 6 times and have never seen it muddy. I think they move the water through it pretty quick cause its the city water for Charlotte. I feel the same I dont care about muddy, just dont want to dodge logs all day.

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    i always am suprised about how clear the water is there compared to the other lakes in the area. I guess that is a good thing as thats where most of the city water comes from.

13. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    BOBS BAIT said hell come and sell bait at the tournament, but he has to check on shad. He said he has plenty of Blue Backs but hasnt started getting shad yet. He is going to check on it and let us know.

How many would want some Blue Backs and how many.

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    If BBs is all we could get our hands on we would probably buy 3 dozen or so,I as with most would prefer gizzard shad.Hopefully he can round up some Shad.Whats is Bobs going rate per dozen?Thanks to Bob for offering.

15. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    still two but prefer gizzards.

16. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I'd still purchase 2 , dependent upon size and going rate.
    Based upon pervious info and experience , albeit limited , shad would be better. Ultimately , it's up to the fish.

17. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys will find out by tues or wed if i can get shad next is cannot sell at landing so will meet elsewhereneed to be able to sell about 20 dozen so i can make it worth my time to bring them to you will be about 8 dollars a dozen bobs bait

18. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thanks BOB.

Let us know if you can get them. We could meet at the Wall Mart off or 16 and 485.

Ill be in for 3 dozen

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Deer season is killing me boys!! :smile2:

Dropped the hammer on two this morning. :crazy:

Maybe I can take a day off and fish it BLIND!!

Here is my buck from this morning:

http://www.carolinacatfishclub.com/images/chester6pointer.jpg

16" 160 pound SIX POINTER!! Where were those other two points??? LOL!!! Still very happy...180 yard shot on a cutover.

Also bagged a doe about 30 minutes after daylight.

Sorry, I digress....we were talking catfish....LOL!! :smile2:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  20. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Nice Buck dude:wink:.Was wondering where you been hanging.
    That Blackberry will work in a tree stand too.You can always give live updates from the tree.:cool2:
    Seeya this weekend.