Its about time!! Concealed Carry...

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Kyle, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Effective July 1st, 2006 residents of the state of Kansas will be eligible to APPLY for concealed carry handgun licenses. Sheriff's Offices throughout the state will be responsible for receiving the applications, accompanying documents, and fees from applicants. The Sheriff's Offices will also be responsible for fingerprinting the applicants and forwarding the application packets to the Attorney General's Office for processing. The Attorney General's Office will not begin issuing concealed carry handgun licenses until on or after January 1st, 2007. There will be no permits issued under this law, nor will the state honor any reciprocity with other states prior to January of next year. You may encounter people who believe they can carry concealed in Kansas because they have permits in their home state, their permit is not valid in Kansas at this time.

The Court Security Division will be handling the receipt of concealed carry handgun applications for Johnson County residents. If you receive an inquiry from a citizen about the application process please refer them to the Court Security Division at 791-5280.

I have attached a general outline of the process that will be posted on our website. Additional information on the topic is also available at the Attorney General's website www.ksag.org and the following links http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2006/2118.pdf

and http://www.kslegislature.org/supplemental/2006/SN0418.pdf.

My brothers a Sheriff back home and he forwarded this email to me today, made me pretty happy!!

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Now if all states would follow suit.

3. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I am a firm believer: if more people are armed everyone is a lot nicer.

4. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I live in North Carolina and have had mine for a couple of years now. I don't leave home with out it.Hope I never have to use it but I will have it if I have to.The way the world is to day you never know.

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Yeah, this is the solution to all the crime, let every fool who thinks he is Dirty Harry have a gun with him to start trying to stop all crimes in progress, innocent bystanders hitting the deck while shoot outs go on.....yeah that's the answer........:roll_eyes:

Does anyone really think the thug gangsters and punks really care if you are carrying or not? If that was the case they would not have any gang wars at all.........all it means now is, the criminals will begin shooting first, asking questions later. Bubba Joe will be slumped over the steering wheel of his truck with blood running out of his head before he has a chance to pull out his concealed weapon..........yeah that's the ticket........:crazy:

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well at least bubba has a gun to pull out. And gangs usually shoot first anyways. Most of them are moronic thugs. Think about it: gangs are into drug dealing, and other contraband. If they get angry at you I think there is probably a pretty good chance you are going to get shot anyways. I think concealed carry is great. Most criminals wont attack someone that can attack back. There may be some exceptions to that rule, but I wouldnt say the 'gang shooting first' scenario would be the majority of the cases. In fact, this is a nice video on gun control but it does have some crude language. Watch it if you dare. It gives some good reasons on why you should be able to carry weapons.

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    kansaskatter maybe you need to read the print before you start any false info about bubba pulling his gun and firing. here in texas we have had the concealed license for a while now and do not have any shootouts as you described. when you take the course you will find out that you cannot just start shooting. there are very strict guidelines as to the use of the weapon. if you do not follow them you are liable for your actions. read the requirements please before you jump to conclusions.
    maybe this post will not be deleted as i have not been quite as vocal.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In the state of Missouri we can carry provided we have a valid permit,but now here's the deal.If you leave your residence and your packin,you are not allowed in any public facility period unless you take the gun off. Now this is the deal,say you're in a bank waiting in line to do some financial business.Some thug comes in and wants to rob the bank!Yes you have a permit but no firearm,this thug says "If anyone so much as sneezes,I'll make sure your history".Now I have to ask,What good is it to have a permit,if every public place you go you have to disarm. Bout the only time you could legally use it,is if you're in your car and someone threatens to carjack ya. Otherwise it seems to me you're still up a creek without a paddle!---pk powell:crazy:

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    KansasKatter,

You should read up on the states that already have right to carry. The real facts is.... it doesn't happen the way you describe.
    Of course facts doesn't change the option of liberal gun banners.

Tufffish... good post! Reps to you.

10. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Been carrying for 25 yrs hear in Iowa

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Been carrying for 25 yrs here in Iowa , never had to draw , but was glad I had it a few times .

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Now maybe those gangbangers will think twice before drawing down on middle age, middle class folks and their family's. I also don't have to backdown in KS anymore..............also I chose not to be a helpless victim, if someone wants to illegally take something from me than they will be met with my 2nd amendment rights fully loaded. Man is not far from being a wild ANIMAL.......notice the beasts that ruled the streets after Katrina, if you weren't armed you were a victim.
    If a person believes the government will protect them than I do feel sorry for them...........what is the police response time in your town, I know I could be on my own for more than a little while till they show up.

Jeff, you also need to read the application and all that is required to get the permit..........not going to be any free handouts. What chaps me is that law abiding citizens have to jump through hoops to protect themselves, while criminals just keep carrying on(pun intended).

13. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I haven't checked yet but am wondering what the cost is going to be for the eight hour class we have to attend to get this "permit"? Have you heard Charlie? I'm sure I'm going to pay it no matter what. If I'm not at work I'm usually armed or at least within reach of a firearm anyway. But it will be better to be legal I think.

14. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i think that all states should have the law. ohio has hadf the law for a while now

15. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    ..................:sad2: lib,,,dem,,,voter I bet:angry:

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looking at Missouri CCW law I don't see a lot of difference than other states.
    I did notice that in Missouri unless there is a 11 x 14 sign with one inch letters carry is permitted on private property.
    That opens up a lot of places that it's legal to carry. Here in AR I've only noticed signs at some hospitals.

I like the signs I see in some Texas restaurants....giving the OK to licensed guns!
    TX restaurants haven't forgotten what happen at Luby'c Cafeteria.

Attached Files:

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Not only did many carry a gun for you,many have died so that you could post this opinion.Crazy,yes I think you are,but I carried a gun so that you would have that right.If we had not,I truly believe that you would be dead or afraid to voice your opinion.I have also noticed that most of the people with your opinion have oped to let others carry a gun for,fight for,and die for them.I have also noticed that the people that have never been in a situation and have the least experience seem to be convinced that they are the ones that know the most about it.Well we carried a gun and some died so that you could do that if you wish.As long as you are ALLOWED to believe this way,we have been successful in defending you and our country.I do truly believe that you may have found terror.I believe it is in you.What else could bring such thoughts into your head.I do believe that you need to get off of whatever you are on if you are on something,or get some professional help.I have had a loaded Gun laid on my nose and the trigger pulled.The gun misfired.What kind of experience can you share for handling such situations.I have carried a fire arm most of my life.I never remember breaking the law with it or abusing the privilege.As for your "Thugs gangsters and punks" they must think or care.I am 61 years old.Not once have I known of these people you talk about knowingly attacking a armed bunch of Cops.Solders,armed people at a firing range,a gathering of armed hunters or a group of armed old men like me.Surly,in 50 years,some have had the urge.I have heard of us old men and women blowing their butts away.You ask me to believe that lawfully armed citizens are going to make the criminals start shooting first.I believe that you have been honest with your thoughts and opinions.I have been honest with you on mine.As long as there are people that are ALLOWED to have and express their views,It was worth it.peewee-williams

18. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    KansasKatter IS entitled to his opinion just like everyone in this forum. But, I don't understand why some insist on going political about every subject that comes up. I have NO idea what politics Jeff supports, and it shouldn't matter.
    For the record, I am a Liberal, Democrat voter as is most of my family. I served my country for three years as did my Dad and his Dad before him . My nephew is getting ready to do his THIRD tour of duty in Iraq as a Marine Infantryman. He is a liberal, Democrat, American. We all believe in the 2nd. Admendment and I'll bet if you took an inventory we own and use as many firearms as any "right winged, conservative" in America. Peewee, I agree 100% that it is the American GI that protects ALL our rights, not just the conservatives. I have no idea if Jeff has ever served in our Armed Services, and don't care. But I'd bet my right arm that if it became necessary, he'd pick up a gun and stand shoulder to shoulder with any member of this board. All "liberals" aren't anti-gun any more than all "conservatives" are pro gun.

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I can care less about anyones politics.He expressed his belief and I expressed mine.I would be terrified if I believed what he stated was going to happen.It has got to be a horrable and terrifying experience to have such a fear.I could not and would not have it if I could help it.I would try to do something about it.I am the first to realize that I base my beliefs on my life and my experiences.I would expect that he does the same.Such a belief is beyond my comprehension.I do not understand how he could function or allow his family out if he believed such.I hope he never realizes the number of people that carry firearms illegally and are already out there.He has been living with them for years.I am concerned because I think he needs help and I have no idea how to help.No one should have to feel and believe that way.peewee-williams

20. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    What is the answer then. I like the odds of even playing field myself. How many people do you walk by on a daily basis that are carrying concealed weapons and you dont even know, well the beauty of this is they dont know either. Just remember if something ever happens and Bubba's cousin saves ya just at least shake his hand, then remember what you posted. JMO