It's a start......

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Dec 20, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Nice Shower overnight, and looks to be set in for the day. It is not nearly enough, but it is a start! All the ditches are filled to the brim, and the Arkansas has risin a few inches already.

Now if it would just do this for about 2 weeks, everything would be full! :confused2:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You folks can Shure use the rain Jeff,I hope it continues for You Fellas. J.D.:0a17:

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Jeff, I grew up in Derby/Mulvane aera. then moved to Okla. City 30 years ago. Im just wondering if that Lincoln St. dam is still there and does anyone fish it any more. My cousins use to catch 20/30# flats there years back. I'm sure I wouldn't know that aera any more.

Merry Christmas
    Flint

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Tom, Yep it is still there, and still gets fished quite a bit all through the summer. I have never fished it, but have some friends who have and caught some nice flathead there.

5. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    jeff are you doing our rain dance cuz the fishing gods might be listining.where is flint man talking about,is it in the derby area?

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    The rain brought up the mdc 3or4 ft but no fish. I thought for sure with the river coming up the fish would be biting no. :sad2: :roll_eyes: SPRING:roll_eyes:

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    John(beakus), just happened to notice your signature. Just couldn't resist posting this picture of my Grandson, he was ten years old here with his first 10lb + Catfish. He would accept no help bringing it in, except to net it. He's 20 now, still fishes with me, not as much though. He's in college, plays baseball, football and wrestles.

Attached Files:

8. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    thanks jim,i dont want to miss lead you i do have both arm and not trying to offend or miss lead anybody.its awsome to see the picture and the pride in his face that he won that fight and all the others he faces day to day.fish on buddy!

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    John, no problem, thanks for giving me the opportunity to brag on my Grandson, AGAIN, LOL.