Its a no go on a boat right now

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by glenc, Feb 11, 2006.

1. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We got approved to buy a house on Friday. Have to put $1000 down so the boat is out for another year. House is more important. Boy that was a tough pill to swallow but its better for the family. Thanks for all the advise everyone gave me in my search. I will keep everything in mind when I start my search again.

Glen

2. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    it is tough when life happens and dreams seem to go away. You will probably find a batter baot down the road. You know....glass half full

congradulations on the house!

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Glen, Congrats on the house!!!

Don't worry about not getting a boat. Just make friends with neighbors in the area that have boats. Then save the money for next year, and go out and get ya one ya like.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Glen, I kinda know how you're feelin'. I wuz wanting to get a center console boat this year, but we're gettin a new house too next month. So I guess I'm gonna hafta settle for new tires & chrome wheels for the trailer :rolleyes:

5. lonegunman88240

lonegunman88240 New Member

State:
    new mexico
    i was going to order me a new boat new outboard and new trailer, but things change, but i did luck out found a 16x42 deep and wide alumacraft with trailer for 200 bucks, just been sitting under a tree down the street from me for a couple of years, just recently picked up a old 15hp seaking outboard, had the shop go completely thru it, and it runs great now, all in all i have about 500 bucks invested in it, and very happy with it, and saved a couple of grand to boot

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    adapt and overcome. Good luck on the house.