ITS A GIRL

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BIG_D, Jan 29, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    ha ha got ya to look dident i lol i named her abu garcia TGC 6000C
    love it it is smooth as can be yes BILL im hooked on ABU now you finely converted me lol you old rasckel :wink:
    hears some pics of the new toy

Attached Files:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    a few more
    ready to go with the pretty green 80lb test line hope the kittys like it to lol:cool2:

Attached Files:

3. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    HaHA dallas sorry to me it looks like a grown man!!!! Nice reel.:smile2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <love it it is smooth as can be yes BILL im hooked on ABU now you finely converted me lol you old rasckel :wink:>

GREAT news, Dallas. It said I had to spread reputation around before I can rep you again. The 6000 series is a fine reel! I've pulled a 33, 35, 36, and a 51 pounder on my 6000s in the last six months! GREAT choice!! Now, if I can just get you converted to Power Pro braid!!!! :wink::smile2::wink:

Bill in SC

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well skip has ben trying to convert me to power pro to and i probly will next year but man that stuff cost a arm and a legg whean i bass fished i used spider wire i dident change it but about every 3 year can i get by with that with the power pro if so it be cheaper in the long run

6. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Congrats Dallas. Your gonna love it.

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Congraulations on your new toy, I know it will give you many years of service. I would suggest you go to a lighter line than the 80 pound you have on your reel. It will cast alot better if you did, just my two cents.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dallas congrats on the ABU reel. Your going to love it. I agree with the above post. If your not fishing for a whale I would consider going to lighter line for castability. Let the drag do the extra work and the rod.

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thanks guys castabilaty is not realy a prob in this case its going to be a boat rod for heavy current and i am after big cats on the sippi no eater sizes for this set up:cool2::wink:

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Big congrats Dallas. I don't think you'll ever regret buyin it.

I just became the proud owner of another 6500C, compliments of ebay. Your right the power pro is some high dolla stuff:crazy: Thats still the way i'll polly go though. I need to find out how much mono backing i need before i spool mine up.
    You need to get Tina one so she can have an equal chance this spring. Cher don't know it but she's gettin some new stuff too.:wink:

11. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Dallas Dallas Dallas oh the shame , i'm sure thats not the first mistake you've made now comes the hard part get up and try it again . Don't be to ashamed we've all made some bad descisions but seeing how we are family here all i can do is be supportive and hope you've learned something from this and won't make the same mistake twice . Man i crack my self up LOL congrats brother she's beautiful take good care of here . Penn , Penn , Penn !!! small hint .

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol you sly Dog lol hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm you are right Tina does need one dosent she lol:wink: congrats on your new baby John

13. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    nice looking reel, you will like it

14. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Country hart you can just put a few wraps of electric tape on the spool first. It will give it something to bite on and not slip. I start my line on the reel after about 3 wraps I then tape them to the spool and load it up. I have never had it slip yet.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Dalis:crazy:I sure hope ya aint thinking yer gonna get my trophey with that thing:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    How much backing you need depends on how much braid you want to spool up, remember that since it has a very small diameter you can get mega yardage w/o a large amount of wrapping.

IMO it would be foolish for the cost factor, to spool more than 150 yds or so of the braid.....JMO..Elliot

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on the reel brother

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <How much backing you need depends on how much braid you want to spool up, remember that since it has a very small diameter you can get mega yardage w/o a large amount of wrapping.

IMO it would be foolish for the cost factor, to spool more than 150 yds or so of the braid.....JMO..Elliot>

I agree with this post 100&#37;. I repped you for the comment. I use half a spool of mono backing with the top half braid. I've also heard that some folks, after about three years with the braid, will unspool the braid, flip it around and respool. It's like starting over with new line that will last a couple more years.

Bill in SC

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Not to hi-jack Dallas's thread but thanks for the backing info. Wouldn't i be better off, say 1/2 cheap mono and 150 yards of braid to fill the spool? It will cast better if the spool is full won't it?

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Absolutely!

Bill in SC