It's 104 degrees right now.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Guthooked, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    I just looked at the thermometer outside and it is a whopping 104 degrees right now. I am looking forward to some cooler weather.

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    104 here also in the heat cat... 97 real temp

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We're finaly catching a break ,s/w Iowa , not sure what the temp is ,low 80's maybe .
    Brian

4. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    It was 101 here in Minnesota last Sunday and Monday. I feel for you, it sucks. It is much better now though.

5. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    HEH, I dont' know about this whole east coast thing, i spent 10 years in apple valley california, middle of no where high desert. where 106 was the morning LOW in july and august, I've seen it go from 32 to 92 and back to 32 in a day (usually the day of spring, cause it's either really hot or really cold, not much between)...

all they been talking bout on the radio round here is the heat, what heat??

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I used to live in California in Sacremento and San diego And there is a clear difference in the type of heat between here and there. This is New Jersey we are not supposed to have 90 to 105 degree heat for this long plus the humidity on the east coast is absolutely dreadful this year

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Weatherbug said it was 99 earlier. That is warm enough for me.

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    It was a whopping 101* in down town Anna, Illinois.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The OKC weather just went off. It was 108 today. We are expecting a cold front tonight which will lower tomorrows high to 98. They was talking about the temperature signs outside of banks on the weather segment. Said two signs within feet of each other can record up to 5 degrees difference, depending on how the sun hits the sign, and they stated that they ran tests on the blacktop roads last week and the surface temperature was 135 degrees. Thats a little warm for bare footed beach bunnies - but we don't have them in Oklahoma.

The were also commenting about Chicago having temperature above 90 for over 5 consecutive days...and the heat in Jersey and New York. They told us to be a little considerate of you yankees cause most of you don't have air conditioning in your homes as it seldoms gets this warm up there. So when the temp gets like this, you suffer. Then the Disney channel had a feature on last night about the heat wave of 1916 and how the New Yorkers and Jersey people went to the beach to cool off. Thats when they first found out that great white sharks frequented those waters. Don't know which would be worse - heat stroke or shark bite.